PDA

View Full Version : Hydroseeding-B.F.M's

Shawn Burns
04-18-2002, 08:18 PM
Any of you fellow seeders have a certain point when you switch from mulch w/ tack to bonded fiber matrix? I have a bid coming up on about 30,000 sq. ft., most of which is a 2/1 slope. Will reg. mulch with poly tack and guar work or do i need more?
thanks for your help.
Shawn

paul
04-18-2002, 09:45 PM
Shawn we are tring out Soil guard this year on some 2-1 slopes or greate. I met with the rep from Mat Fiber inc. they are sending me out a few bales to test. We are looking at using it to replace blankets on jobs. One thing to remember, this type of product needs to be shot twice at 1/2 rate 90 degrees to the first. They also train your crews on mixing and applacation. They require you to understand the methods and amounts needed for product to work.

Rates start at 3,000 lbs per acres and depending on slope go to 3500 or more.

Try this link http://soilguard.com/

David Gretzmier
04-19-2002, 04:42 AM
we tried a product recently on a 24000 sq. ft job called conwed 2000 or 3000, it was a wood mulch product with the bfm fibers in it. that stuff saved our butts when the rains came. I wish all jobs would allow the extra cost of materials, as your labor is the same. the nice thing was the tack, mulch, and bfm fibers are all in the bale. it saves a few minutes a load and less stuff to grab while mixing. I figure the next thing they'll add in the bale is fert and seed and we just add water and shoot. Dave g

Shawn Burns
04-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Paul, thanks for the link! How expensive is it?
David, that's the same stuff i will be using for now. It sounds like it worked pretty good for you. Yeah, it would be nice if all jobs would bear the additional cost of bfm's, but they are expensive!
Thanks again to both of you, i'll let you know how it turns out.

Shawn

paul
04-22-2002, 10:43 PM
We are paying about $32 a bale

Shawn Burns
04-24-2002, 10:29 PM
Thanks Paul.
N.C. State University had an erosion control field day today about 5 miles from my house. I didn't hear about it until it was almost over. Bummer! I was told they shot a slope with soil guard so i will go by and check it out tomorrow.