PDA

View Full Version : how to go about this??

TimNNJ
07-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I have a customer who bought this house and the inspection says to either take away the planters and soil or find a solution..I am trying to come up with a soloution for them and I am drawing a blank..any input would be great

2brothersyardcare
07-27-2009, 05:00 PM
you have 2 have 6 inches from the grade to the start of the start of the siding thats in ct

TimNNJ
07-27-2009, 07:13 PM
ya whoever put this stuff in didn't have that in mind I guess and now the new owners want it fixed...without tearing it all out I am not sure what to do about the front?..the back may just be a seating area...

mbarcel
07-27-2009, 07:14 PM
Replace the top few inches of mulch/soil with pea stone. Im assuming the problem is that the inspector does not want moisture near the siding, and the stone will drain better and not be moist.

TimNNJ
07-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Replace the top few inches of mulch/soil with pea stone. Im assuming the problem is that the inspector does not want moisture near the siding, and the stone will drain better and not be moist.

Ya it was in the inspection...its too high by the house...pea gravel against the house all the way down or just the few inches like you said?..