PDA

View Full Version : Got a new one

turf hokie
07-27-2009, 07:56 PM
Office got a call today. Prospect wants to put up some lights for an event.

OK, so I call back. When is the event? it starts Thursday @ 2pm and goes for 4 days. I'm thinking 4 days is pretty long for an event this might be big.

HMMMMM....are you looking for functional/safety lighting or decorative?
Prospect says decorative we want to light up the outside.

Ok, what kind of event is this so I can put some ideas together....

it is a REVIVAL........o boy......meeting with them in the AM this should be interesting .............

David Gretzmier
07-27-2009, 11:21 PM
They may want ambient lighting just to see at night. I'm thinking c-9's strung up canopy style. I've done that for a rodeo dance thing. or up light it with low voltage mr-16's and a trans. good luck, a job is a job.

turf hokie
08-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Update....

They have a new church the wanted the roof lines lit up. It was 500 feet of ridge and fascia with 50 feet being a funky parapet wall on the front of the church.

Met with them Tues and got them a price....pastor calls Tuesday night with all kinds of questions (he did not make the meeting) where are the lights going, colors etc.

He seems ok with everything....I told him to fax back a signed contract so I can start Wed Afternoon weather dependent, otherwise it will be Thursday AM so the lights will be up for the start of their event Thursday afternoon.

Never heard back from them, what a waste, frustrating after I pushed my schedule around to try to accomodate what seemed to be a sold job.

Bottom line was $1200 for LED lights including the parapet wall, install and takedown. (They only had one available power source so I had to go LED) That is not even $2.50 per light. I thought I was giving it away, oh well.

David Gretzmier
08-02-2009, 03:45 PM
I can't count the number of times I have tried to jump through hoops to help folks out, and they are always gotta have it now people, and then they never call back or use you. I really wish everyone in every service industry charged 125 bucks for bids, as it really would weed out tire kickers. at least you would have made money for your time and gas.

sorry you did not get the job.

turf hokie
08-02-2009, 04:01 PM
I can't count the number of times I have tried to jump through hoops to help folks out, and they are always gotta have it now people, and then they never call back or use you. I really wish everyone in every service industry charged 125 bucks for bids, as it really would weed out tire kickers. at least you would have made money for your time and gas.

sorry you did not get the job.

It really gets my goat when I jump thru the hoops etc only to have them hire the painter who does a 1/2 arse job for 1/2 my price, and they took all my ideas and used them as well.

Oh well, working on my renewals now, want to give the customers plenty of lead time to pre-pay and then it allows me to try get in front of them earlier and thinking about us.