PDA

View Full Version : Techo's flagstone

DVS Hardscaper
07-27-2009, 10:46 PM
can't beeleave no one is sayin anything about it. you guys are still hardscapers, right?

what are your thoughts? like it? don't like it? seen it? don't even know it exists?

Dreams To Designs
07-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Andrew, I like the look and the idea, but haven't seen it yet. Hoping they incorporated it at the PANTS display this week in Pennsylvania. If so, I'll share more information on Friday.

Kirk

Rex Mann
07-28-2009, 03:00 PM
It is a nice look. Wi outlast the real stuff with the proper install.
Here in Phoenix, we have the small version and also a "Mega" version.
Mega outsells the other 20 to 1. Mega looks more like flagstone, because
of the size.

You will need to use Polymeric sand due to the false joints.

The aspect ratio is more than likely over 5 , which makes it not a
good choice for a driveway. But, some manufactures are saying smilar
products with AR over 4 are ok for driveway use. And, the are giving a
warranty on it when used Ina driveway application.

Peace,

Rex

RM Stonescaping

follow us on Twitter @ PaversInstalled
Posted via Mobile Device

DVS Hardscaper
07-28-2009, 05:00 PM
To me the Techo flagstone appears somewhat slenderical. It's my opinion that some of the shapes could stand too be a little more broader.

wurkn with amish
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
got their email....
It looks alright, I agree it could be broader.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
07-28-2009, 07:39 PM
I like the Arbel better, but it doesn't matter since Techo isn't here in
St. Louis. Is Techo sold under another brand? A lot of our Pave loc stuff resembles Techo.

zedosix
07-28-2009, 09:38 PM
Mixed thoughts on it, I personally don't like any of the mega stuff, just too damn heavy to lift. I'll reserve judgement til I get my hands on some of it.

Bru75
07-28-2009, 09:59 PM
I got the email, also. Not sure what I think until I see it in person, but I think I'll stick with the real thing for now.

cbrewbaker
07-29-2009, 08:03 PM
Andrew, I like the look and the idea, but haven't seen it yet. Hoping they incorporated it at the PANTS display this week in Pennsylvania. If so, I'll share more information on Friday.

Kirk

Kirk,
You'll be happy to know that it is in the PANTS display booth.
Chris

cbrewbaker
07-29-2009, 08:11 PM
If anyone has any questions on Flagstone, please let me know.

Chris

Dreams To Designs
07-31-2009, 06:37 AM
Did see the Techo Flagstone at PANTS and it looks good. It is 3 1/8" thick which according to Techo allows it to be used in driveways. The interlock is tight, the colors are beautiful and the shapes are very complimentary. It looks like a very nice product to work with and the results should be quite satisfactory. The advantage of being able to lay it linear or in a herringbone pattern give this material added flexibility for installations. They do recommend poly sand for the installation to fill in the cut joints, but that is likely a standard for most installers today.

I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a pallet to experiment with it and determine it's true benefits.

Kirk