PDA

View Full Version : Whats going on with my lawn? Need help.

Performance R/E
07-28-2009, 07:13 AM
I mow lawns, but don't do any commercial fertilizing. I fertilize my own personal lawn. The lawn had been looking great all year. I have been using a Vigoro Fertizer 5 step fertizing program and have applied the early spring, late spring and early summer treatments so far. The last couple of weeks the lawn is getting spotty with weeds and or grab grass, I am not sure. (see photos) Does anyone have any ideas of what is going on what it is and what I can do about it? Can all the rain we've been gettin in the Northeast have soming to do with it? Thanks in advance for any help.

bigslick7878
07-28-2009, 07:36 PM
I cant really tell from those pics but it just looks like some tall fescue popping up not crabrass.If it is tall fescue there really isnt much you can do but spot kill and reseed.

Try to see if you can pull out a clump of the plant or if it is just a grassy weed.If you can pull it out in a clump then you might be able to treat it. (or remove it by hand digging it out)

Its summer.Weeds and other undesirable grasses like this will pop up in even the best lawns.

I have seen MUCH worse I wouldnt worry about it.