PDA

View Full Version : Have regrowth after sprawing Pramitol 25E

Morgana Leslie
07-28-2009, 12:01 PM
I recently sparyed Pramitol 25E for a customer and have had plants grow back. Why would this happen? It has happened in places that I even sprayed twice! What could I have done wrong? My customer wants this place dead. The place is on a slight hill, some is rocky, some is not. It is a fenced in area. What grows back is not looking healthy but it does in fact grow. :confused::confused:
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
For the record: I always sprayed late in the evening so it would say on the ground as long as it could. In some places it has in fact worked and there is no regrowth. In some places.....I just can't explain it......What is going on?
We have had good rainfall which is what Pramitol needs to work. Any suggestions? Thanks, Morgana.

Think Green
07-28-2009, 06:36 PM
www.cdms.net/LDat/ld695001.pdf

At what rate per minimum of 100 gallons per acre did you mix it at.
7.5 to 10 gallons of Pramitol in 50-100 gallons of water per acre.
10 oz. per gallon is quite steep!!!

I believe you did the best thing, and did you not add some kind of MSO or Adjuvant with this mixture?
This stuff is pretty water mobile and will travel down the hill after rains----or irrigation.
Did anything at the bottom of the hill desiccate?

Runner
07-28-2009, 10:03 PM
Was there an amount of foliage existing when you sprayed? Often what happens is... the existing material gets sprayed...But as you have weeds that cover a 4 or 6 inch area, this is a 4 to 6 inch area that recieves litte to no pre-emergent control. It soaks into the plant, and doesn't translocate, or just runs off the edges. Granted, prometon leaches a bit in the soil, but it can still leave weak spots in the soil that may allow new growth.

Morgana Leslie
08-07-2009, 07:32 PM
www.cdms.net/LDat/ld695001.pdf

At what rate per minimum of 100 gallons per acre did you mix it at.
7.5 to 10 gallons of Pramitol in 50-100 gallons of water per acre.
10 oz. per gallon is quite steep!!!

I believe you did the best thing, and did you not add some kind of MSO or Adjuvant with this mixture?
This stuff is pretty water mobile and will travel down the hill after rains----or irrigation.
Did anything at the bottom of the hill desiccate?

I sprayed using an end hose sprayer. It was a large area. If you need me to post a pic I can. I set the dial at 2oz per gallon. This is what Southern States (the seller) told me to set it on. There was one area that I used the entire bottle/end hose sprayer on and it has died and nothing has grown back. The costumer wanted that REALLY dead. It seems that the more you use, the better it works.

Yes...I did add Dawn dish washing liquid. I was told to. At the bottom of the hill....it is dead. I sprayed it extra heavy at the top than I did at the bottom because I was told how it traveled in the grown during rainfall.

Morgana Leslie
08-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Was there an amount of foliage existing when you sprayed? Often what happens is... the existing material gets sprayed...But as you have weeds that cover a 4 or 6 inch area, this is a 4 to 6 inch area that recieves litte to no pre-emergent control. It soaks into the plant, and doesn't translocate, or just runs off the edges. Granted, prometon leaches a bit in the soil, but it can still leave weak spots in the soil that may allow new growth.

So you are saying it is best to spray in bare soil?

RigglePLC
08-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Hose-end sprayers--cheap, but not always reliable. You need better equipment.

Morgana Leslie
08-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Hose-end sprayers--cheap, but not always reliable. You need better equipment.

What do you suggest for extremely large areas? I have a backpack sprayer for the small stuff. For an open field, or hillside what should I use?

Tell me....do the herbicide pellets work better? Pramitol comes in that I believe.