PDA

View Full Version : Z-Sprays going to Disneyworld

ZSpray Info
07-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Well, not exactly Disneyworld but down to Orlando. We thought this was somewhat of a Z-Spray operator's dream set up. This set up would be capable of 7 million square feet a day if followed by a tanker truck and a box truck of fertilizer.

DUSTYCEDAR
07-28-2009, 04:14 PM
swing by and drop one off for me

skennedy04
07-28-2009, 04:17 PM
How do you like your Freightliner

a plus bob
07-28-2009, 07:24 PM
I call shot gun !!! :) when do we leave ?

P.Services
07-28-2009, 08:23 PM
that doesn't seem like a very efficient way to haul those units????

dwc
07-28-2009, 10:33 PM
that doesn't seem like a very efficient way to haul those units????

You are kidding right? What would you tow them with, a Ford ranger with a 16foot trailer? I know I wouldn't look forward to hauling that many units from Indiana to Orlando on much less of a truck and trailer.

P.Services
07-28-2009, 11:38 PM
well number one i would have them in some type of enclosed truck. i dont ever let my machines sit outside so i just didnt like the look of that. lets say the truck runs over some hot tar they are patching and flings it all over the new machines, or it gets lane paint on them. or for some reason i fit some thick nasty greese in my truck and it is flung all over my truck and trailer. shat happens and i wouldnt rish it. number two that truck and trailer is way over kill. i would have put them in a 25' penski cube truck or if you really wanted to do it right get a box van and then have two levels inside with a lift gate so you can stackem like the race teams do.

in short no i wasnt joking. thats a shear waste of money on hauling them like that and a waste of money in a 100k tractor to pull them.

yarddawgsllc
07-28-2009, 11:52 PM
well number one i would have them in some type of enclosed truck. i dont ever let my machines sit outside so i just didnt like the look of that. lets say the truck runs over some hot tar they are patching and flings it all over the new machines, or it gets lane paint on them. or for some reason i fit some thick nasty greese in my truck and it is flung all over my truck and trailer. shat happens and i wouldnt rish it. number two that truck and trailer is way over kill. i would have put them in a 25' penski cube truck or if you really wanted to do it right get a box van and then have two levels inside with a lift gate so you can stackem like the race teams do.

in short no i wasnt joking. thats a shear waste of money on hauling them like that and a waste of money in a 100k tractor to pull them.

Wow! Pacasso lay it out there brother. Next time I would just tell them how you really feel. Haha!

P.Services
07-28-2009, 11:56 PM
You are kidding right? What would you tow them with, a Ford ranger with a 16foot trailer? I know I wouldn't look forward to hauling that many units from Indiana to Orlando on much less of a truck and trailer.

well his reply made it sound like i was a dumb kid that was out of line. plain and simple thats not a efficient way to haul them. can you imagine if those things all got covered it grease like my truck is now? the cleaning would be insane! get a box truck, have two levels and do it up all awesome on the outside with decals and pictures of z-sprays have it say " another load of z-sprays! follow me to a greener lawn" or some thin catchy.

not to mention that truck burns way to much fuel to haul that little load.

Rayholio
07-29-2009, 01:18 AM
I think you'd be suprized at the fuel economy of larger deisels.. I almost baught an 8 cylender deisel over the turbo 4 cylender that I ended up with because it got a LOT better milage, despite its larger size and payload... Now I kinda wish I would have... but I didn't want anything 'that big'

ZSpray Info
07-29-2009, 07:15 AM
How do you like your Freightliner

It is one of our customers, and he has said he loves it very much, especially the air spring seats.

MarcSmith
07-29-2009, 07:26 AM
the nice thing about the truck trailer combo easy to load, unload, and they can book something for the return trip. Ie not coming home empty. make money both ways. A custom made trailer may not allow for that option.

They ship most cars on open trailers and they turn out OK...I don't think a bit of wind rain and road grime is gonna hurt these puppies. after one month of use they'll look like they've been through the ringer any how..

skennedy04
07-29-2009, 08:26 AM
well his reply made it sound like i was a dumb kid that was out of line. plain and simple thats not a efficient way to haul them. can you imagine if those things all got covered it grease like my truck is now? the cleaning would be insane! get a box truck, have two levels and do it up all awesome on the outside with decals and pictures of z-sprays have it say " another load of z-sprays! follow me to a greener lawn" or some thin catchy.

not to mention that truck burns way to much fuel to haul that little load.

That truck burns less fuel than my F 350 i can promise you that.....i have both

skennedy04
07-29-2009, 08:28 AM
It is one of our customers, and he has said he loves it very much, especially the air spring seats.

We love ours.....can drive 18 hrs and get out of it not feeling like sh#t

dwc
07-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Overkill is better than not enough truck. I know I would a lot rather meet that on the interstate than these guys hauling 3-4 cars behind a 3500. A 3500 would pull this load just fine but if you have the sport chassis then why not?
Posted via Mobile Device

DUSTYCEDAR
07-29-2009, 09:34 AM
NOW I WANT TO SEE A Z-SPRAY PULL THAT LOAD AROUND THE PARKING LOT.:weightlifter:

Josh.S
07-29-2009, 04:37 PM
NOW I WANT TO SEE A Z-SPRAY PULL THAT LOAD AROUND THE PARKING LOT.:weightlifter:

+1. You guys should make another video doing that.

:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter:

americanlawn
07-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Seven Z-Sprays spraying seven million square feet. That's awesome. Didn't TruGreen have this DisneyWorld account before (using PG's)? I'm glad Z units are spraying instead, cuz they perform much better & faster.

BTW TURFCO treated 'Arlington National Cemetary' a couple weeks ago with T3000's. They never made it public, and they did it for FREE. Turfcobob was there too (decorated war Veteran) as well as A-Team members like realgreen, etc. (thought I would let folks know how TURFCO feels about this Country). Sorry TURFCO if I spilled the beans, cuz I know you wanted to keep this quiet. Larry

MarcSmith
07-30-2009, 06:05 AM
unless things have changed since I worked at Disney Horticultural, all Hort and structural pest control was done in house. Now TGLC may have some of the non Disney hotels or some of the roadways.

LushGreenLawn
07-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Why get on them about their truck? I used to pull my mower around on an open trailer, and I have never found road tar, or grease from another vehicle on it.

I wish I could have a truck like that to make 2000 mile trips in. I would use it without a trailer if I was on a long trip. Nice and comfy.

skennedy04
07-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Why get on them about their truck? I used to pull my mower around on an open trailer, and I have never found road tar, or grease from another vehicle on it.

I wish I could have a truck like that to make 2000 mile trips in. I would use it without a trailer if I was on a long trip. Nice and comfy.

I do.......if we travel any long distance we take the freightliner.
Back seat folds down into a double bed.....one can kick back and watch movies and the other can drive.

ZSpray Info
07-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Seven Z-Sprays spraying seven million square feet. That's awesome. Didn't TruGreen have this DisneyWorld account before (using PG's)? I'm glad Z units are spraying instead, cuz they perform much better & faster.

Larry

Sorry if we misled. We were just saying we had Z-Sprays going to the Orlando area. Just a weak attempt to play on the old commercials of the Super Bowl MVP say he was going to Disneyworld. Hopefully some of our products are helping keep the Magical Kingdom's turf areas looking nice, but we cannot claim to be doing so.

americanlawn
07-30-2009, 06:40 PM
oops -- my bad - You posted correctly. I misread it. :hammerhead: But I'm sure DisneyWorld could put Z-Sprays to good use.

Maybe it's "Sea World" (or something like that) that TruGreen treats. Is there a Sea World in Florida? :waving:

chrisby316
07-30-2009, 07:09 PM
yes it is sea world that tru green treats. last application they "burned" the water and the one before that they "ghosted"