PDA

View Full Version : General Electric E12M Lawn Tractor

ernie36
04-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Has anyone got any info on one of these tractors? I picked this up at a garage sell. The older lady said that her husband bought it in 1975 and used in one time. The following week he passed away. It is a 12 hp electric tractor with a 42" mower and a snowblower that has never been assembled completely. I want to sell but have no idea what it would be worth. Any help out would be great.

stslawncare
04-19-2002, 11:59 AM
an electric tractor? powerful enough to run a 42" mower and snowblower?? wow!!!! can u get some pictures for us?

ernie36
04-20-2002, 01:50 PM
Actually I do have pictures. I have also found a website for the elec-trak owners. www.elec-trak. org

I have gotten alot of interest on the tractor but yet to find a value or home for such an odd duck. It also states in the manual that it will mow 3 to 5 acres per charge. I will add a couple pictures .

vipermanz
04-21-2002, 04:59 AM
i bet its quiet:)

FrankenScagMachines
04-22-2002, 03:50 PM
Should bring alot of money since it has so few hours and is all original, not even completely assembled. I'd love to have one to play with, but I wouldn't use it since i have other 'real' garden tractors that have gas engines and plenty of power (not putting down this baby, i'll bet it's great)
Have fun with it!
There's a Yahoo club for them too i think. search yahoo.com for it. Don't sell it for too little, get your $$ out of it.
if you don't mind my asking, how much did you give for it?
Eric

ernie36
04-25-2002, 12:32 AM
bushhog,
I paid a couple hundred bucks for this one. Since I haven't really had alot of interest I didn't know if that was to much. Since it is in such good shape I would like to make someone a good deal. Maybe a colloctor or just someone with an interest.

ernie36

LAWNGODFATHER
05-27-2002, 10:49 PM
I got to play on one like that years ago.

It was noce and quiet, all you would here is the engines whinning and the blades spinning.

One of my neighbors had it and sold it when the moved.

Had golf cart batt. very costly.

He bought it cause it saved him from changing the oil and such.

a01711
09-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Ernie, I saw your post and wondered if you ever found a home for the E12M you have. Let me know.
Thanks

Restrorob
09-25-2005, 08:44 PM
We have one of those in our scrap yard at work, I don't know anything about it other than it's been sitting there the 14yrs. I've been there and is still a complete unit. For some reason it has escaped the junk man all these years, I never would have thought I'd see another one.

Smalltimer1
09-26-2005, 03:24 PM
If you find the right person, you can sell it for $1000 or better in that shape. Not because of the actual equipment value, but because of the collectibility and rarity of them.

Some guys are so into collecting them that they would give a body part to have one in that good of shape.

Personally I'm not into the Elec-tracs and other smaller lines like I am the JD's, Cubs, and Simplicity/AC's, unless I get something for a song and a dance.