PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

nonstoplawncuter93
07-29-2009, 05:47 PM
My name is Ben Reynolds and Im the owner of Reynolds Lawn Care. Im curently serviceing 13 accounts but i hope to get more. I just turned sixteen and within a couple of weeks of gettin my liscense it helped me pick up nine accounts. Im just starting but hope to expand any tips would be apreciated. Thanks!

93Chevy
07-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the site bud.

One piece of advice I try to tell every newcomer is this: get a job working for a local LCO or garden center with an install crew. If you plan on doing this the rest of your life, you will need more experience than just cutting grass. Believe me, I love cutting grass, but I want to learn new skills. My business is a part time venture for now. Last year I worked at a garden center install crew and learned a lot as far as design/plants are concerned. This year, I'm working for a local LCO. In the early part of the year, I was on the install/mulch crew, but now I've been on the grass crew.

If you don't want to do this the rest of your life, then don't bother getting a landscape job. You're still young and don't need to be working 70 hours a week like I do. It's tough working all day then running my business as well, but I want to grow my business into a professional organization that's a force to be reckoned with.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Just be careful to take advice on this forum with a grain of salt.

nonstoplawncuter93
07-29-2009, 07:25 PM
thanks for advice 93 chevy

DLAWNS
07-30-2009, 07:37 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite!