PDA

View Full Version : Landscape lighting

JConner
07-29-2009, 07:11 PM
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to ask about getting some lights for a job the one dealer i know about is john deere (lesco) vista but the question i was wanting answered is. is it hard to install the vista lights and what do they require for a company to istall them any input i can will be helpfull If this is the wrong place then were should i post?

JConner
07-29-2009, 09:42 PM
No help with the lighting?

Dreams To Designs
07-30-2009, 09:50 AM
You can ask about landscape lighting in the Architectural & Landscape Lighting forum, but I'm sure your responses will be to find someone in your area that installs landscape lighting. Professionally installed landscape lighting should address the design before the installation. Landscape lighting should provide safety, security and than address the purely aesthetic reasons. You should look into subbing out the lighting installation and observing, or at least attend a hands on installation, not just a sales seminar.

Becoming technically capable of installing landscape lighting can be learned in a couple of days of hands on seminars, but to design a lighting system will take much longer to learn, if ever.

John Deere Landscapes does sell a few different brands of landscape lighting, Vista being one of their brands. Vista has some excellent quality fixtures, and some you may want to avoid, as does every manufacturer. One company may not manufacturer everything you need, well. You may want to use the Vista transformer & spotlights, and prefer a Kichler path light. Most manufacturers products will work together, depending on the installation method you are using. There are many other dealers available that may offer information, training and other products. Not sure of the regions, but you should check with Florida Outdoor Lighting Distributors.
http://www.floridaoutdoorlighting.com/

Kirk

JConner
07-30-2009, 11:58 PM
thanks for the info. I talked with a vista rep today and he is going yo come out on Wednesday and go to a bid with me and help me design bid and install and hopefully i can pick it up little by little like that i am an extremely fast learner. I am very fascinated with the lighting and i have always wanted to get involved with it so hopefully i can pick up tips from lawn site as well once again thanks for the info