PDA

View Full Version : Z-spray new name sugestion

humble1
07-29-2009, 11:09 PM
Well I got mine the other day. Intermediate, the name should be " ONE BAD MOTHER FU*$K@R" However I did have some problems.

I find it hard to believe that any other machine can do what that thing can do. The best part no 3 holes that clog up if 2 prills stick together. I bet you could put a bowl of hershy kisses in that thing and they would spread out on the lawn.

Delivery- This was shipper not LT Rich fault however I still expect and I am sure they will stand behind it. I had it delivered to my equipment dealer as I do not have a fork lift. The machine was delivered without a crate, it was shipped in one, so not sure what happened. Delivered dial knob on the floor, flat tire punctured, bent the side deflector, tank strap bent up, hand sprayer broken. I had to put a plug in the tire before I got to my first job $20 at a gas station, not the way to start things off.

I made some money with it today though, the machine is intimidating at first and it is a lot bigger than what I expected. I do have to ***** about tie downs not enough points, there are a lot of parts that will bend if you strap it down wrong. I really like the ability to dial the width down or increase it. It would be nice to have the on off for the hopper on the steering handle, something you squeeze and release without letting go of the steering levers. Im a big guy 5' 11" 245 pounds I stand a little widder, i would have liked the caster lock to be more towards the outside especially when you are on a hill your body will move to the side more and your weight is into the metal side. I still feel like it would be hard to spread and spray at the same time going that fast. I am sure that will change. I was able to go thru the gates of two lawns that I used to push spread and backpack spray a total of about 30,000 sq ft, That day always sucked. I am very happy with my purchase. Service at LT Rich has been great whenever I have a question ray or andy are right there. Thanks guys.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
07-29-2009, 11:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with shipping! When my Z-Spray & Z-Plug were shipped, they had built such massive crates around them, I could have built a shed out of it:laugh:

You'll love the machine! Good luck:usflag:

chrisby316
07-30-2009, 08:43 PM
my zspray crate was also screwed up. couple of broken boards. luckily there was no damage to the machine. also got the "surprise" briggs engine.

EVM
07-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Humble, I did not like the hopper control before I got the machine but when I started driving the machine with one hand I realized that the hopper control is in a good place. You will grow to like the hopper control I think.

And that sucks about the shipping, I would be f'ing pissed. I would have told them to send the unit back.

rcreech
07-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Humble, I did not like the hopper control before I got the machine but when I started driving the machine with one hand I realized that the hopper control is in a good place. You will grow to like the hopper control I think.

And that sucks about the shipping, I would be f'ing pissed. I would have told them to send the unit back.

I can promise that he will be more then taken care of!

LT Rich customer service is 2nd to none!!!!!

GREEN-UP
07-30-2009, 11:50 PM
I drove to pick mine up 2hrs each way,through bad rain. That was 3yrs ago, and changed the oil 4x and thats it,keep breakin my foot switch(my fault). Honestly that should be a recall. They can put wiring on L side and avoid switch being so low were anything breaks it. Or try a side tap switch were ya hit it with your left side foot. On my 3rd this year. The Intr. is great if ya do condo communities and tight complexes. That machine makes my life sooooo easy. Best $$ you will ever spend and the service to back it up. American made with quality craftmanship. I am workin on my wheelies, not as good as video yet.

ted putnam
07-31-2009, 12:32 AM
I can promise that he will be more then taken care of!

LT Rich customer service is 2nd to none!!!!!

I'll 2nd that. Mine showed up with a flat. Looked like someone stabbed it with the forklift at Fed Ex. They overnighted me a tire....mounted on a new rim ready to go. Rick is "The Man". Come to find out the parking break was set a little tight. If it bounced to much it popped the tire (flattened the other one myself.) Put tubes in, tweeked brake...problem solved. And I have a spare ready to go. Point is, they went above and beyond.:usflag:

humble1
07-31-2009, 01:01 AM
so i havent gotten my spray gun yet, I was looking at my hose reel and the handle is bent, seems most of the damage was on the hose reel side.

I would have sent it back, but because I dont have a forklift I had to have it dropped off to my equipment dealer. H eisnt familiar with the machine and I would expect it to come mint for what I paid for it.

rcreech
07-31-2009, 08:22 AM
. H eisnt familiar with the machine and I would expect it to come mint for what I paid for it.

I think we would all agree there! I would be ticked off also! Good thing is...the overall machine is still awesome, you will just have to fix/replace a few misc items. No big deal, but understand your frustration.

Wonder why the crate was off of it? I would dig on this one or have LT Rich and make whoever took the crate off step up to the plate.

As stated...I am sure they will take care of you...but I would be pissed at the shipping Co. Once it leaves LT Rich it sucks that someone else damaged it!

EVM
07-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I would make the shipping company eat it, they screwed that deal up. Thanks to Willy for delivering my machine with out a scratch.

americanlawn
07-31-2009, 08:54 PM
This reminds me when I gave 'my only negative feedback I ever made' on ebay.

Bought a John Deere ZTR commercial mower from a JD dealer in Columbus, OH. Said they would ship it out within 48 hours. 3 weeks went by -- still now mower. I called the dealer several times, and every time they said it was already shipped.

Turned out the "shipper' was at fault cuz they were sitting on it for over 3 weeks before they finally shipped it. Normal shipping was two days.

Regarding names for different Z-Sprays:

Z-Max ... good

Intermediate ... not bad

Junior ... kinda sounds weak

Junior 36 ... same thing

Mini Max ... very weak

May I suggest "numbers" instead of names. Z 50/300 (gallon/pounds), Z 18/300, Z 18/200, etc. Then you could apply a number regarding tires/wheel width. Extra add-ons could have a letter (A, B, C, etc regrding extra tanks, longer hose, etc).

I think the names "junior" and "mini max" sound like MTD models that Loews sells.

Josh.S
08-01-2009, 02:58 AM
This reminds me when I gave 'my only negative feedback I ever made' on ebay.

Bought a John Deere ZTR commercial mower from a JD dealer in Columbus, OH. Said they would ship it out within 48 hours. 3 weeks went by -- still now mower. I called the dealer several times, and every time they said it was already shipped.

Turned out the "shipper' was at fault cuz they were sitting on it for over 3 weeks before they finally shipped it. Normal shipping was two days.

Regarding names for different Z-Sprays:

Z-Max ... good

Intermediate ... not bad

Junior ... kinda sounds weak

Junior 36 ... same thing

Mini Max ... very weak

May I suggest "numbers" instead of names. Z 50/300 (gallon/pounds), Z 18/300, Z 18/200, etc. Then you could apply a number regarding tires/wheel width. Extra add-ons could have a letter (A, B, C, etc regrding extra tanks, longer hose, etc).

I think the names "junior" and "mini max" sound like MTD models that Loews sells.

I agree a somewhat. It's not a big deal to me, but your not going to brag to your friends that you have a zspray "junior".

ted putnam
08-01-2009, 03:17 AM
Any friends I have that aren't in the business wouldn't have a clue what the hell I was talking about anyway. Those who are in the business know exactly what I'm talking about and have heard of the quality of the equipment. Besides, it's not like they plaster "Junior" in big white letters across the black hopper. Also, I believe the names are primarily for customers or potential customers to have a better idea about what they're looking at than focusing on general public perception.

grass4gas
08-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Any friends I have that aren't in the business wouldn't have a clue what the hell I was talking about anyway. Those who are in the business know exactly what I'm talking about and have heard of the quality of the equipment. Besides, it's not like they plaster "Junior" in big white letters across the black hopper. Also, I believe the names are primarily for customers or potential customers to have a better idea about what they're looking at than focusing on general public perception.

I agree with using just names. Start adding numbers and letters and you'll go crazy trying to remember what's what.:dizzy: Just look at all the different models of Harley's. They each have a group of letters and or numbers designating what type of bike. To the everyday person, if they asked you what bike that was and you told them it was an XL1200, they would have no clue it was a sportster.:confused:

Point is keep it simple.

Jack

RABBITMAN11
08-01-2009, 10:12 AM
I agree with using just names. Start adding numbers and letters and you'll go crazy trying to remember what's what.:dizzy: Just look at all the different models of Harley's. They each have a group of letters and or numbers designating what type of bike. To the everyday person, if they asked you what bike that was and you told them it was an XL1200, they would have no clue it was a sportster.:confused:

Point is keep it simple.

Jack
Hard to believe that you don't like names that sound like mtd tactors. American, you sure like riding them to spray your lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

spray master
08-01-2009, 10:36 AM
Hard to believe that you don't like names that sound like mtd tactors. American, you sure like riding them to spray your lawns.
Posted via Mobile Device

lmao rabbitman

Heidi J.
08-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I would make the shipping company eat it, they screwed that deal up. Thanks to Willy for delivering my machine with out a scratch.

Me too.. I have one hell of a wrath, and you don't want to pizz me off!:laugh:

a plus bob
08-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I think the T killer would be a good name for a Z :p

chrisby316
08-01-2009, 04:03 PM
There is a z spray wheelie video? I gotta see it, my personal record is 247 feet, woulda been more but the road ended.:weightlifter:

americanlawn
08-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Thought about more ideas too over the past few days. Like SS or R/T (as in muscle cars). Reason is that LT Rich can alter every size/specs for each customer's needs (a good thing) -- that's why we suggested special numbers after the "Z". This could also simplify things for the manufacturer.

But we do think names like "junior" & "mini" could be improved upon, cuz all of us think they sound cheezy compared to "Max" & "Intermediate".

For those who hate TURFCO, we suggest starting your own TURFCO hate thread. But before doing so, please keep in mind lawnsite.com rules 6.10, 6.11, 6.29, and especially rule 6.30. Food for thought, cuz we have had about just enough of a "select few Z owners" that consider TURFCO a "threat" for whatever reason....:confused::confused::confused:

Ford guy, Chevy guy, and 2 MOPAR guys (part of americanlawn) just trying to be objective.

turf hokie
08-02-2009, 05:58 PM
There is a z spray wheelie video? I gotta see it, my personal record is 247 feet, woulda been more but the road ended.:weightlifter:

The wheelie video is better than just going down the road. I have done that too. The guys as LT Rich pulled the wheelie in the shop and were driving it around, turning etc.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=264016&highlight=z+spray+video

here you go

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-02-2009, 08:52 PM
but before doing so, please keep in mind lawnsite.com rules 6.10, 6.11, 6.29, and especially rule 6.30. .

wow.........

turf hokie
08-02-2009, 09:29 PM
wow.........

Dude, you reason for edit cracked me up

a plus bob
08-03-2009, 05:44 PM
For those who hate TURFCO, we suggest starting your own TURFCO hate thread. But before doing so, please keep in mind lawnsite.com rules 6.10, 6.11, 6.29, and especially rule 6.30. Food for thought, cuz we have had about just enough of a "select few Z owners" that consider TURFCO a "threat" for whatever reason....:confused::confused::confused:

Nope we will just hi-jack every thread on ride on's and add our 2 cents :rolleyes:

americanlawn
08-03-2009, 06:24 PM
M threw this one out last night when I was tending to the grill...... (sorry) - He is 100% TURFCO (except for our Lawn Solutions aerators). But I keep an open mind, and I still like the SS & R/T thing. BTW I'm am "MOPAR or No Car" guy cuz I consider chivies "dime a dozen" when it comes to classic muscle cars. While R/T originally stood for "Road & Track", it also became known as "Rapid Transit". Bottom line: I still think there is room for improvement regarding some Z-Spray names. Nice post. Thanks. :usflag:

Nope we will just hi-jack every thread on ride on's and add our 2 cents :rolleyes:

billyc
08-03-2009, 07:17 PM
For those who hate TURFCO, we suggest starting your own TURFCO hate thread. But before doing so, please keep in mind lawnsite.com rules 6.10, 6.11, 6.29, and especially rule 6.30. Food for thought, cuz we have had about just enough of a "select few Z owners" that consider TURFCO a "threat" for whatever reason....

American, You have to be the re-encarnation of Bernard "Barney" P. Fife . Hope you have more than one bullet.

rcreech
08-04-2009, 01:08 AM
As far as "machine names"...I guess I don't really care!

I don't care if they change the Z Max to Barbie's Dream Car...I just care about making money and being effecient~!

Talking about machine names is splitting frog hairs IMO.

I would rather talk about machine capacity, durability, effeciencies and other things that makes my business money.

Question though for ya Larry, or anyone....

What does T-3000 stand for?

ZSpray Info
08-04-2009, 12:35 PM
As far as "machine names"...I guess I don't really care!

I don't care if they change the Z Max to Barbie's Dream Car...I just care about making money and being effecient~!

Be careful Rodney of what you wish for. We just finished making your new machine.

Grandview
08-04-2009, 12:47 PM
That is not Rodney's. His should have an extra tank plus extra hose real. That machine might make good advertising.

rcreech
08-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Be careful Rodney of what you wish for. We just finished making your new machine.

That is awesome!!!!!

That machine is kinda awesome (in a very gay way)! :laugh:

Since you guys have horrible names for all your units what are you going to name my new one?

"Z-Dream"
"Z best machine on the market"
:laugh: