PDA

View Full Version : Takeuchi track loaders

clc2003
07-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Anybody own or used a Takeuchi track loader? what do you think of them ?

crazymike
07-31-2009, 08:14 PM
good mahine, but better suited as a nursery machine, etc...

for everyday use in that price range I would go Komatsu. For a cheaper brand I would go case or john deere.

Cat has a nice suspension system, but IMO, the less parts to break, the less I'll break

Strick
07-31-2009, 11:13 PM
Smooth machines, I also like the pilot controls.

clc2003
08-02-2009, 01:27 AM
That is why I was asking about them. I too like the pilot controls better than any other controls. I have used CAT's mostly but have been told the ASV track system isn't that good and undercarage costs are high. I like Bobcats alot as well and have heard undercarage costs are lower or failure is not as likely? Problem is finding a T190 with pilot controls is hard to find and then one in my price range. Any other comments or suggestions that might fit my application?

baddboygeorge
08-04-2009, 11:01 PM
these machines are on the same lines as a Gehl an they are bullet proof , ran one hard hard hard doing land clearing work an it never failed me , they have a awesome undercarriage setup!

x.system
08-05-2009, 01:12 PM
I've been running a Gehl (exact same machine as a Takeuchi) with pilot controls for the last 6 years. Very dependable and strong little machines. I demo'd a larger size first but it went through to much fuel for my liking so I got a smaller size where fuel would last almost a full day. You will be surprized how much they can handle and how detailed you can get with them. My only concern is the track life, I've talked to alot of contractors and average life of a set of tracks is 800 to 1200 hours. Mine were toast at 900 hours. I also had enuff sprocket wear that warrented replacement. They say to flip them side to side after the first set of tracks but that would have wore out the second set faster. Mines mostly used for excavation, I could see a set of tracks lasting longer for a landscaper.

PerfiCut L&L
08-08-2009, 08:03 AM
We own a TL-130, has about 750 hours now. Runs great, strong as an ox, and solid. Smooth controls, runs quiet, and the AC cranks.

The only down side, the machine is big.

There are some other manufacturers, that make smaller machines with similar lift capabilities, but with that aside its a great machine.

We needed a machine that would lift 2,500 - 3,000 lbs and this came up at auction. Great price, so we jumped on it.

AWJ Services
08-09-2009, 04:54 PM
I have a TL140 and it is flawless.

Way better than Komatsu.

clc2003
08-10-2009, 04:19 PM
I've been running a Gehl (exact same machine as a Takeuchi) with pilot controls for the last 6 years. Very dependable and strong little machines. I demo'd a larger size first but it went through to much fuel for my liking so I got a smaller size where fuel would last almost a full day. You will be surprized how much they can handle and how detailed you can get with them. My only concern is the track life, I've talked to alot of contractors and average life of a set of tracks is 800 to 1200 hours. Mine were toast at 900 hours. I also had enuff sprocket wear that warrented replacement. They say to flip them side to side after the first set of tracks but that would have wore out the second set faster. Mines mostly used for excavation, I could see a set of tracks lasting longer for a landscaper.

How much did the tracks cost? How about the sprockets?

clc2003
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
We own a TL-130, has about 750 hours now. Runs great, strong as an ox, and solid. Smooth controls, runs quiet, and the AC cranks.

The only down side, the machine is big.

There are some other manufacturers, that make smaller machines with similar lift capabilities, but with that aside its a great machine.

We needed a machine that would lift 2,500 - 3,000 lbs and this came up at auction. Great price, so we jumped on it.

How much did you have to give for it if you don't mind me asking? I need one with a cab and heat and thought that A/C would be nice since I am gonna be the one running the machine. One of my dealers told me that A/C is included with the heat:). I also think that I like how the door goes up instead of swinging open. That way u can use it either way without taking door off.

AWJ Services
08-10-2009, 04:54 PM
The swing up door is nice because you can run with the door open when the weather is nice.

The sprockets will wear faster if the tracks are run to tight.

Most will get a thousand hours out of the tracks.
I use mine everywhere and spread a bunch of rock as well as some on pavement and I expect to get 1000 hours.The sprockets show no wear at 700 hours.

Even though the tracks are expensive in price they more than pay for there selves in productivity especially if your area receives alot of rain.

x.system
08-11-2009, 12:20 PM
How much did the tracks cost? How about the sprockets?

I don't remember exactly but it was a little over $2000 in 07 but I bought through an add in rock & dirt mag, they delivered to the shop in about 3 days and I bought the sprockets through the local Gehl dealer. I could have got the sprockets cheaper online but I needed them the same day.

clc2003
08-12-2009, 01:00 AM
I don't remember exactly but it was a little over $2000 in 07 but I bought through an add in rock & dirt mag, they delivered to the shop in about 3 days and I bought the sprockets through the local Gehl dealer. I could have got the sprockets cheaper online but I needed them the same day.

So is it true that Takeuchi, Mustang, and Gehl are all the same machines? I have heard that Takeuchi makes them all?

AWJ Services
08-12-2009, 06:45 AM
So is it true that Takeuchi, Mustang, and Gehl are all the same machines? I have heard that Takeuchi makes them all?

Tak makes the track machines and Gehl/Mustang equip them with there own cab which is different than Taks.

Als Gehl/Mustang offered High flow before Tak did.