PDA

View Full Version : Time Estimate

ron mexico75
07-30-2009, 10:58 AM
I was wanting to know what some of you all thought. Somebody wants me to make their existing lawn look better. It's in ok shape now but their are some weeds and crabgrass. I was going to spray the weeds and crabgrass maybe within the next 2 weeks. I then planned on aerating, and then raking in a top soil compost turf mix and leveling out the low spots and bare spots in the turf, seed and fertilize the first or second week of September.

I'd say its about 2500 to 2700 square feet. I was thinking 7 yards of the soil and estimating to do the job in maybe 5 hours. I have to move all the soil from a pile by hand using a wheelbarrow and the spread with a grading rake.

Does that sound like too much or too little time to do all that?

ron mexico75
07-30-2009, 12:34 PM
Come on you bunch of slugs.:laugh: I'm not asking for your price or price at all. Just wondering if I am over shooting or under shooting the time allotment.

ron mexico75
07-30-2009, 02:15 PM
well, I guess I'll trust my own instincts and go with 5 hours. Hopefully I'm not too far off.

chavezkm
07-30-2009, 04:42 PM
If your solo then around 6 - 7 hours. I would use three people and get the job done in 2 hours so 6 total man hours!

ron mexico75
07-31-2009, 08:29 AM
yeah maybe you're right. I'll bump it to 6.5 hours and if I finish faster I'll just adjust the price for them.

Stillwater
07-31-2009, 09:03 AM
yeah maybe you're right. I'll bump it to 6.5 hours and if I finish faster I'll just adjust the price for them.

Your customer should plan on a full day, solo you will be surprised how fast the day will disapear.