PDA

View Full Version : Magnum 15' Spray Wands: Testing Completed

SpreadNSpray
07-31-2009, 01:59 AM
I Just finished testing and fine tuning the spray wands for the Permagreen Magnum. Iíve been testing this system since the beginning of April. Itís working great! At first when some of you asked me about a spray wand, I really didnít think it was needed. After I made the first prototype and started using the wand I was hooked. I use the wand on almost every job. I did away with the hand can and started saving time in a major way. Especially around sensitive edges and hard to reach areas. As most of you know the Permagreen Magnums spray system is belt driven and does not produce pressure at idle. This is why the black pressure tank is needed. I also tested 5 of the best coil hoses and found one to be far better than the others. The one in the pic has 4 months of heavy use on it and is still holding a strong coil. It also has a one handed clip system for a quick draw on weeds.

I will have a few first runs available by the end of August.

The price should be around $175.00 shipped. This includes everything: spray wand, pressure tank, all the mounting hardware, nuts, bolts, hoses, clamps. etc. and installation instructions.

All Magnum accessories are only available from me. Iím not affiliated with Permagreen. Thanks for looking and let me know if you have any questions.

VARMIT COMMISSION
07-31-2009, 07:28 AM
I want one.

rcreech
07-31-2009, 09:07 AM
AWESOME!

I will need one also!

Let me know when available!

Thanks,

RC

Laner
07-31-2009, 09:53 AM
Been thinking about some sort of upgrade to the hand can......this looks like it would be great!
How much can you effectively spray before you lose too much pressure from the tank? I know you only have a 15' hose, so you shouldn't be spraying that much before moving the machine.
I see you also have the boom conversion as well. Do you find you get better results/coverage with the two tips vs. the standard single broadcast tip?

lka123
07-31-2009, 09:48 PM
Hows does the boom work on the front??? is it included

SpreadNSpray
07-31-2009, 11:21 PM
I want one.

AWESOME!

I will need one also!

Let me know when available!

Thanks,

RC

Thanks guys your first on the list!

SpreadNSpray
07-31-2009, 11:37 PM
How much can you effectively spray before you lose too much pressure from the tank? I know you only have a 15' hose, so you shouldn't be spraying that much before moving the machine.
?

Laner
The pressure tank puts out 15-20 seconds of consistent spray for effective spot or blanket spray. If you have the nozzle set fine, it puts out 20-30 seconds of consistent spray. To me its plenty to cover the area around the Permagreen while stopped. Once you start driving again the pressure tank fills right back up. Or if you needed more in the same area you could put the pg in neutral, rev the motor for a few seconds to get a full tank.

profigala
07-31-2009, 11:51 PM
That is awesome. We will definitely be in the market for about 2 of those.

SpreadNSpray
08-01-2009, 12:44 AM
I see you also have the boom conversion as well. Do you find you get better results/coverage with the two tips vs. the standard single broadcast tip?

Hows does the boom work on the front??? is it included

The boom works great, it's very productive! It's $136.00 shipped.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=253881&highlight=magnum+upgrade

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=262996&highlight=magnum+upgrade

I do have a new boom with a trim nozzle I'm working on. It should be ready soon.

topdog
08-01-2009, 07:03 AM
looks good add me to your list also. been waiting for you, or permagreen to come up with one...

lka123
08-01-2009, 05:57 PM
I would like to have a boom with trim nozzles. Can I get the boom know and add the trim nozzle later. I,am new to the site, how can get in touch with you.

DUSTYCEDAR
08-01-2009, 06:01 PM
neat idea
great work

SpreadNSpray
08-02-2009, 01:57 AM
I would like to have a boom with trim nozzles. Can I get the boom know and add the trim nozzle later. I,am new to the site, how can get in touch with you.

Welcome to the site Ika! It's a good place with lots of great people. You can P.M. me or email me at sprayparts@yahoo.com. As far as the boom goes...You would not be able to add the trim nozzle later. I hope to have the new ones with the trim nozzle done by the end of next week. I will let you know as soon as they are ready.

turf hokie
08-02-2009, 12:15 PM
Spread

Would that spot hose work on an Ultra as well??

lka123
08-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Sounds good, Ill get with you the first of the next week and get one with trim nozzle and a spray wand. Thanks Raymond

SpreadNSpray
08-03-2009, 09:33 AM
Spread

Would that spot hose work on an Ultra as well??

It's set up for the Magnum. I'm not sure how it would fit on the Ultra.

I sent you a pm.

Madddog6993
08-04-2009, 02:06 AM
I see you also have the boom conversion as well. Do you find you get better results/coverage with the two tips vs. the standard single broadcast tip?[/QUOTE]

If you are spraying over 10,000 SQ.FT this conversion is for you I sprayed a football field (practice) loaded with clover in just over 20 min. That's fast for a magnum. I also use it on several commercial properties. Look forward to picking up the spray wand whats next remote control operator?

lka123
08-12-2009, 12:04 AM
I would like to get a spray wand and boom. Let me know how I can make payment. New to the site not sure just yet how to navigate through????

SpreadNSpray
08-12-2009, 01:02 AM
I would like to get a spray wand and boom. Let me know how I can make payment. New to the site not sure just yet how to navigate through????

Email me with your contact info: sprayparts@yahoo.com.
I'll have a wand and upgrade reserved for you as soon as they are ready. Just waiting on a few parts.

Runner
08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
What happened to the thread that had the pics of the boom attachment? I wanted to show a friend of mine, along with the info.

SpreadNSpray
08-12-2009, 08:51 PM
What happened to the thread that had the pics of the boom attachment? I wanted to show a friend of mine, along with the info.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=253881&highlight=magnum+upgrade

Here are 2 pics of the new sprayer upgrade with the trim nozzle.

lawntennis
08-12-2009, 09:18 PM
I got the boomspray from you and love it. If you turn the right nozzle so it points straight ahead, it puts out a perfect fan that you can see while driving. It works perfect to trim around gardens. It trims so nice I'm not sure I would need a hose.

ColoradoJake
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
Looks great! Going to take the boss in to getting one most likely in the winter. I bought the boomspray from you and the bar that holds the sprayer broke my fault ran into a wall. How much for just the white bar?

SpreadNSpray
08-14-2009, 07:38 PM
I got the boomspray from you and love it. If you turn the right nozzle so it points straight ahead, it puts out a perfect fan that you can see while driving. It works perfect to trim around gardens. It trims so nice I'm not sure I would need a hose.

Glad your happy with it!

Looks great! Going to take the boss in to getting one most likely in the winter. I bought the boomspray from you and the bar that holds the sprayer broke my fault ran into a wall. How much for just the white bar?

Jake, I'll send you a new one, no charge. Just stay away from them walls:laugh: Send me an email with your info.

SpreadNSpray
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
ttt
thanks for looking Snyder.

RABBITMAN11
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Is this available for the Ultra? The Boom Sprayer.

SpreadNSpray
01-25-2010, 08:15 PM
Is this available for the Ultra? The Boom Sprayer.

I do not have an upgrade designed specifically for the Ultra. The upgrade for the Magnum would probably work with a few mods. I could send you one to try. If it doesn't work you could just send it back no charge.

RABBITMAN11
01-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I would be interested in trying one on my ultra.

grass4gas
01-26-2010, 08:23 PM
How about the spray wand on a Centri?

SpreadNSpray
01-26-2010, 08:52 PM
I would be interested in trying one on my ultra.

How about the spray wand on a Centri?

I sent you a pm.

JJS
01-31-2010, 06:18 PM
I'm interested in one as well. I also bought the boom attachment from you last spring, was wondering if you can let me know how much the white bar is, my right hand nozzle is leaking a little bit where it threads in I beleive.

SpreadNSpray
02-01-2010, 07:36 AM
I'm interested in one as well. I also bought the boom attachment from you last spring, was wondering if you can let me know how much the white bar is, my right hand nozzle is leaking a little bit where it threads in I beleive.

JJS, I can replace the white bar for free. I will send you a pm with info on the Spray wand.

FERT-TEK
02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Spread and spray could you pm me with information on just the coil hose and spray gun. I have a Z-spray that has an auxiliary tank with a Delavan 4GPM pump. Its coil hose needs replacement and I am also looking for a quality spray wand to run off of that tank and pump.

Perfect Image TLM
02-17-2010, 07:07 PM
I would like to get the boom for my magnum, how do I do so SpreadNSpray?

SpreadNSpray
02-17-2010, 07:55 PM
www.rideonupgrades.com

You can email me if you have any questions.
Thanks

Perfect Image TLM
02-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Thanks SNS..