PDA

View Full Version : what to charge to mulch dont want to under bid

berry bro
08-01-2009, 12:30 AM
i have a couple jobs that i have noticed need to be mulched but i am not sure wat to charge any adive would be appreciated thanks

ALLPro Landscaping
08-01-2009, 12:35 AM
depending on where you are, in ny guys are getting 75.00 per yard installed to around 120 per yard, it all depends on the work evolved, do you need to remove mulch create a bed etc. I usually take my cost per yard and multiply it by 4 and make out good, but each job is different. That is for a straight forward mulch and go, some times ill drop the price a little, but you also have to take into account delivery charges

berry bro
08-01-2009, 12:37 AM
thanks that helps also how much is a truck load of mulch

ALLPro Landscaping
08-01-2009, 12:40 AM
well again it depends on where you are, and depends on what mulch you get, their are many different kinds, also the more you get the cheaper it is, for example one of my customers who is a commercial account gets 125+ so instead of buying the mulch for 24.00 per yard I get it a few dollars cheaper.

ALLPro Landscaping
08-01-2009, 12:44 AM
The best thing is if you are new to this industry, call around to a few nursery's in your area, see what they are charging, most likely if you don't tell them you are an lco you will get it cheaper, since you are buying wholesale, call around see who gives some good prices and open a wholesale account with them. Or you could tell them you are a lco and see what they charge per yard for wholesale. figure what you are getting each yard for, then figure what you need to cover your cost and what you want to make

berry bro
08-01-2009, 12:51 AM
thanks for the help