PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism : Sugar in fuel tank

MileHigh
08-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Yup, I'm pissed. All happened in my freaking driveway.

04 F250 6.0 liter Powerstroke.

21" mower stolen out the back,
SkilSaw stolen out the back,
Tire Slashed,
And who knows how much sugar was poured into my tank. Could be 5 pounds of crap.

Somebody is gonna get shot.

I was doing my lawn route yesterday when I ran low on fuel. I went to go fill up and noticed a bunch of sugar sitting on the spout.

I did a little research and found out sugar is not soluble in gas or diesel...meaning it will not dissolve. This is a good thing as if it was mixed with water..it can easily enter the cylinders.

I heard it will just stay in granular form and clog your "sock" and fuel filters.

So my plan is to:

- Pull Fuel Tank and clean thoroughly.
- Clean all fuel lines.
- Swap out fuel pump.
- Swap out filters and sock.
- Run a injection cleaner through when completed.

What do you guys think I should do?

I'm stressed out

South Florida Lawns
08-01-2009, 12:46 PM
If it were me I'd take 4 shots of some whiskey kill a 6 pack and get my gun!

Gravel Rat
08-01-2009, 01:10 PM
People that vandalize other peoples property need to get a severe beating.

As for the sugar in the fuel in a 6.0 that isn't good news. These engines are already tempermental about fuel quality. I would take the fuel tank out and take it to a company that does fuel tank polishing to make sure the tank is absolutely clean.

bobcat_ron
08-01-2009, 01:46 PM
It will plug up your Primary filter PDQ, but over all, sugar in the gas tank is a myth, MythBusters proved it.

Now bleach on the other hand, that will rust anything that holds and transports fuel to the engine, it's a liquid form of oxygen, and it can kill an engine really fast.

Gravel Rat
08-01-2009, 03:24 PM
So your pouring bleach into your competition's fuel tanks Ron :laugh:

STIHL GUY
08-04-2009, 12:32 AM
well the vandals will probably be back to check on thier work so why not try to set em up

mowerdude777
10-19-2009, 05:30 PM
well the vandals will probably be back to check on thier work so why not try to set em up

leave a can of gas sitting out only fill the can with a bunch of $hit gas what brand was the mower that got taken

mdlwn1
10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Ill bet you know who did this to you..if you really think about it.

02DURAMAX
10-20-2009, 01:40 AM
that sucks!!!

who did you piss off??

WGLandscapeMaintenance
10-20-2009, 06:04 AM
Get a locking gas cap, I recommend that to everyone. Don't keep anything of value in or in the bed of your truck, ever.

Gregg1987
10-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Wow that really sucks... sorry to hear it man. good luck with the work. =/

Get a locking gas cap, I recommend that to everyone. Don't keep anything of value in or in the bed of your truck, ever.

Probably good advice but needing a lock on your gas cap is kinda sad... some people need to just leave others stuff alone. but i guess thats the world today...