PDA

View Full Version : would you rent a dingo?

lawn crafters
08-02-2009, 04:00 PM
i am doing a job and am wondering if you think a dingo is a good idea to rent.
i have to pull out 4 big overgrown bushes. i will have alot of grass chunks because on the neglected beds and to move mulch and loam around. this is what needs to be done. i am thinking about a toro dingo because my 2 helpers are goin to be 4 hrs late for the job. and the green barrels are very heavy when 1/4 filled with dirt. do you think it would be a wise buisiness decision in a stupid one. i also will load any extra mulch and dirt back into the truck with it. by the way it is only 125$ a day to rent. what is your thought?

Fordsuvparts
08-02-2009, 04:46 PM
I would do it for sure, we rented one before we bought one and it is a huge labor saver.

baddboygeorge
08-04-2009, 11:59 PM
I would figure the $125 in my bid an do that job in less than 2 hours an go do 3-4 more that sameday so all in all each job cost ya $30 dollars for a dingo an takes the place of 3-4 laborers ,,, time is money,an having the rite equipment saves you a boat load of time!!

NIXRAY
08-05-2009, 12:27 AM
I have before, and will do it again and again, great machine, even greater if you can schedule 2 jobs that need it, thus making a bigger profit margin

slamjamrockinman
08-05-2009, 01:47 AM
I would rent one. they are great little machines and saved me a lot of time even though I should have rented a bobca.

BeSeenGraphics
08-05-2009, 10:42 AM
I would too. My brother rents them often.

ron mexico75
08-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Those machines are great. I say anytime you have the chance to rent one do it. I mean obviously if it's overkill don't do it or if its not big enough and you need a skid steer don't do it. For those jobs in between though they are great, affordable rental and easy to operate in a yard.

lawn crafters
08-07-2009, 12:02 AM
i ended up renting one. it wasnt a dingo, it was a ditch witch sk500. but needless to say it was a great experience and i would no dought rent it again next week for another job

Brad Ent
09-14-2009, 09:19 AM
Lawn crafter,
We are scheduled to do a similar project and don't want to use too large of a machine
What was you technique for pulling the shrubs with the mini skid?
Dig under and lift?
Chain and back drag?
Other?
Thanks!!

lawn crafters
09-16-2009, 08:11 AM
i used the chain attached to bucket and stump and used the backdrag stop. lift up. stop backdrag. and just kept that pattern goin until it was out. it does do minor damage to turf so your going to need some loam and seed

Brad Ent
09-16-2009, 08:18 AM
Lawn Crafters,
Thanks for the info!
How's business in RI?
John 6:35