PDA

View Full Version : Environment report podcast

RigglePLC
08-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Here is a link to a 4 minute podcast from Michigan Public Radio. Mainly opposed to all chemicals, but somewhat balanced.

http://www.environmentreport.org/show.php?showID=217

They try to make the point that more chemicals are used per acre on lawns than on farms. And they claim that homeowners are more likely to overuse products. Both ideas seem not logical to me.

Spring treatments are common. Homeowners seldom apply a full four step program. And of course overuse could very well result in burns or brown spots. Most homeowners are aware of the possibility of herbicide or fertilizer burn. It seems to me that they would try to follow directions--to protect their own lawn, from such damage.

foreplease
08-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Well that's just perfect: "the environment report comes to you from the University of Michigan."

Thank you for posting that link. It presents a valid point of view but in extremist fashion. Proper identification, follow the label, follow the rules, everything in moderation, be courteous and conscientious, do not over apply - these are things I believe will keep turf and the environment both in good shape.