PDA

View Full Version : '06 250 Powerstroke Trailer Light Plug Problem

mowermankevin
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
Hey Y'all, have a problem with the trailer plug on the truck, the brake and turn signals work on the truck, the only thing on the trailer that works is the running lamps, I tested the plug coming out of the truck, and no signal, this is a very common problem and I have forgotten how to fix it. I pulled the fuses under the steering column, and ohmed those, even though I knew it was under the hood in the relay, big fuse box. I give up, but I'll damn sure write it down after this, I can't believe I've forgotten the cure, but sure 'nuff!!! appreciate any solutions, Thank You

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
08-03-2009, 09:00 AM
Are the pins corroded? On my Tacoma I had to replace the 7-pin connector because all the pins were corroded..

AI Inc
08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
There is a fuse that runs em, check that first. I need to replace it quite ofton .

mowermankevin
08-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Yes, I have tested and cleaned all terminals, the problem is in the fuse/relay box under the hood. There is no signal going to the plug from the wiring harness along the frame to the pigtail connector at rear of the truck. Appreciate the suggestions so far, I just forgot how I fixed it in the past, (gettin' too old to remember).

Horsepower Lawns
08-03-2009, 07:07 PM
There should be a fuse for each turn/stop, its either under the hood or under the dash. Look in your owners book for the location & numbers.
I think the fuse is a 7.5 amp.

There is a fuse that runs em, check that first. I need to replace it quite ofton .

Fix the short & you won't be replacing it all the time.:waving: