PDA

View Full Version : Bid estimate & Time involved

glowman
04-20-2002, 06:57 PM
This will be my first bid on a landscape installation and hope to be in the ballpark with it. Also just guessing how long it will take. I hope some of you can give me an idea how long. I will try and explain the job to be done the best that i can.

I will be installing white marble rock, removing turf, laying down liner, and the black plastic edging. I plan to rent a sod cutter to take out 18inchs around the perimeter of the sides and back of the house.

50Ft down one side of the house and another 50Ft on the other and 37ft across the back.

Estimate on job
$375 for 200cubic Ft of white deco marble rock
$37 for rental of sod cutter 2 Hrs
$60 edging
$50 for liner
$500 labor 2 guys 10hrs
$1022 Total
Does the time frame look about right?

Thank you for your input!

creative concepts
04-20-2002, 10:21 PM
I am assuming that you are only putting the decorative stone down at about 2" in depth. I would rethink this and try to put it down thicker then 2". As far as pricing, I don't think that you marked up the materials but in the same aspect it should not take you 20 man hours to do this job based on the criteria you wrote. Hope this helps

PAPS
04-21-2002, 03:30 PM
I would tend to agree with Creative Concepts on this... If that is in fact your labor hours (10)... you may want to re-think your hourly rate... its a little low for 2 guys. Also, I would mark up the other items in the bid as Creative mentioned too.

HBFOXJr
04-21-2002, 04:11 PM
Explain the hours 10 or 20 total. Does that include getting supplies, sod cutter travel etc?

glowman
04-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Yes the 10Hrs x 2 men equals 20Hrs. This includes labor and travel time and picking up supplies. And yes you are right I had not really increased the cost. What percentage is rule of thumb?
Thanks for your input:blob3:

heygrassman
04-21-2002, 09:19 PM
I am assuming that you are only putting the decorative stone down at about 2" in depth. I would rethink this and try to put it down thicker then 2".

Chirs.. might I ask your thoughts on more that 2". I bid something like this not too long ago and I quoted 2". This is purely decorative (attempt to minimize weedwacking) with 6mm plastic underneath. Thanks in advance

jf