PDA

View Full Version : Striping Blade recomendations

Joeypole
08-03-2009, 10:07 AM
Okay Newbie here. Here is my quick background.

Bought my first house last year in the summer. This year I found a used John Deere Z225 ZTR for cutting my lawn. This thing was sweet!!! I started cutting 5 of my neighbors lawns. Then I found a Toro Proline Walkbehind vintage 1990. Cut my lawn with this thing once and got rid of the JD. Searched and found a 500 hour Z Master Z453 (74416) vintage 2005. Bought that and now I'm in love.

Now my problem.

I checked the blades and they are shot like someone was mowing rocks. Sharpened them up but I'm going to replace as they were trashed. So I purchased a roller striping kit for the TurboForce deck and now I'm decided on the best blades for it.

Now I've been reading and haven't got a definate answer. I've read that high lift blades are the best but Toro lists High Flow, Med Flow, Low Flow, Recycler (which I'm sure isn't good without a mulch kit), and Atomic (Gator blades).

So my question is to achieve the best striping I should go with the High Flow (105-7781-03)?

Or should I use the Atomics (105-7796-03)?

Thanks for looking.

-Joe

The Toro Company
08-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Joe,

The striping is not necessarily affected by the blades you are using. The blades you need, will be based on the grass type and conditions that you are cutting in. Generally speaking, our high lift blades perform best in the broadest range of conditions and markets. However, that's not always the case. I would suggest talking with one of the local Toro Commercial Dealerships to determine which blades are used more often by contractors in your area. All of the blades work well, it's just that some of them work better than others depending upon the market or condition. And you are correct, you wouldn't want to use Recycler mulching blades without using the Recycler mulching baffles. Let us know what you find out.

-The Toro Company

whoopassonthebluegrass
08-24-2009, 01:17 PM
Go high lift. It'll stand the grass up before you roll it.

For that matter, run doubles.