PDA

View Full Version : 400 foot hose w/ our ride-on's

americanlawn
08-03-2009, 06:51 PM
We have two of these units. They spread & spray an effective pattern of over TEN feet at 5 mph. Available pounds of dry fert per day = more than 4 TONS. Available gallons of herbicide = more than 1200 GALLONS.

I'm talkin' just one pickup truck w/a ride-on sprayer-spreader unit (with the aid of our others trucks in the area).

No trailer to pull. No large truck either.

Plus this ride-on can treat small 2000 s/f lawns or 20 acre properties whenever it's needed in the "same day in the same route".

Just thought I would provide this info in case anybody is curious or thinking about comparing stuff.

If anyone wants to see pics, rscvp. Thanks. :usflag:

EVM
08-03-2009, 08:39 PM
When it rains on the ride on spreaders can you watch them rust?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-03-2009, 09:37 PM
When it rains on the ride on spreaders can you watch them rust?

Only on the non-stainless steel parts...Oh wait, that's most of it:laugh:

Az Gardener
08-03-2009, 10:39 PM
What is this thing you call "rust"? And rain... what is this rain?

brizine
08-03-2009, 10:56 PM
It is more economical to use one large truck than to use several small trucks for such a large route. There is no savings in fuel, insureance or maintance in running multiple small trucks versus one large truck. If your nor using the large truck capacities, then that is a different story. 1200 gals out of a pickup is not going to happen though.

rcreech
08-03-2009, 11:09 PM
Larry,

Are you saying that you can go though 4 pallets of fert a day and 1200 gallon of water with 2 T's?

At 1/3 gallon tips 1200 gallon would equal 82 acres
At 1/4 gallon tips 1200 gallon would equal 110 acres
4 Ton of fert would equal 68 acres

Why would you be able to spray more then dry fert?
Why wouldn't your numbers be closer?
I can see 2 machines spreading 68 acres easily...but not spraying 82 acres and no way 110 acres.

Doesn't you machine have 1/4 tips? I thought they came standard...and if so, how do you cover 110 acres considering you can ONLY spray like 64K/fill.

If you are using 1200 gallons a day...that means between your two machines (16 gallon tanks) you would fill aprox 75 times w the 1/4 gallon tips! You said you can load in 4 minutes...but that alone is 5 hours of fill time not counting transport to the truck and moving the truck!

Are you sure your numbers are correct??????

I can't do that with my Z and I fill under 1/2 as much as you would!

ted putnam
08-03-2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone ever see that movie "Willy Wonka" with Gene Wilder? Remember the loud, know-it-all little boy that was always interrupting and was so abrasive and irritating. He always had to be the center of attention.....Rodney, I'm sure those numbers aren't skewed at all. By the way, he can also piss further than anyone else...

Grandview
08-04-2009, 07:05 AM
I believe the T is set to spray about 20 gal/acre. 1200 gal would be about 60 acres. I was wondering about those numbers myself. Was it for one machine or two. At 5 mph at 10 foot spacings your are covering 6.1 acres/hr. With fill and turning time you are probably down to 3 acres/hr.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
Anyone ever see that movie "Willy Wonka" with Gene Wilder? Remember the loud, know-it-all little boy that was always interrupting and was so abrasive and irritating. He always had to be the center of attention.....Rodney, I'm sure those numbers aren't skewed at all. By the way, he can also piss further than anyone else...

BINGO!:laugh:

rcreech
08-04-2009, 07:55 AM
I believe the T is set to spray about 20 gal/acre. 1200 gal would be about 60 acres. I was wondering about those numbers myself. Was it for one machine or two. At 5 mph at 10 foot spacings your are covering 6.1 acres/hr. With fill and turning time you are probably down to 3 acres/hr.

I am pretty sure that the T will cover something like 64K...so that should be 1.4 acres/fill...but I could be wrong! That would be 10.8 gallons/ac by my calcs.

Grandview
08-04-2009, 08:14 AM
I am pretty sure that the T will cover something like 64K...so that should be 1.4 acres/fill...but I could be wrong! That would be 10.8 gallons/ac by my calcs.

I think you are right. They use the 140-10. That is rated at a gal/minute@ 40psi. That would be 60 gal/hr. 6 acres/hr would be 10 gal/acre.

RABBITMAN11
08-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Larry I bet turfco would pay you to shut up, and pay you to take back the t
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnangel1
08-04-2009, 11:50 AM
Larry I bet turfco would pay you to shut up, and pay you to take back the t
Posted via Mobile Device

I know I would!!!!!!!

americanlawn
08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
We treated 2 school districts in one day with two T3000's. (Approx 56 acres).

I understand that most lawnsite members are "mom & pop", but we service nearly 3000 accounts, and we have been doing so for many years. Therefore, we normally have at least four or five trucks in the same zip code each day. Each truck is capable of hauling 2 tons of dry product, as well as 300 gallons of herbicide. (In case one is trying to put 2 & 2 together) BTW we also have two-way radios for instant communication.

All of our spray trucks have 400 feet of hose, but we never need these when running our T3000's. Still wondering why folks need a long hose & reel if they run a quality ride-on sprayer/spreader. :confused:

As for TURFCO paying me to shut up, maybe they will. But I am one lawnsite.com member who is tired of a select few Z-Spray guys saying T3000's are "not worthy". And my guys laugh at you. For what it's worth.

Dead dog serious, americanlawn

I know I would!!!!!!!

americanlawn
08-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Nobody's payin' me to shut up. I sprayed half those schools. I was there. Both of us got 'em done in one day. 2 other pickups came by so we could reload. Now I'm really glad we chose T3000's cuz the others suck bigtime. (thanks Larry)

I too am unhappy with this site cuz zpray guys think there stuff is the best no matter what. I also do not think these z guys have ever tried a TURFCO rideon in the first place. Next time they better get their facts straight.

RABBITMAN11
08-04-2009, 10:07 PM
First of all, your bragging gets really old. As far as what you do for production with the t , sounds like a fairy tale. Your gas guzzlers pickup trucks carrying two tons of fert and water. and a ride on sounds like being over weight to me.. and highly illegal and unsafe. The more you talk the more your credibility goes down. The only thing you do for turfco is ruin their image. A word of advice would be chill out.

rcreech
08-04-2009, 10:07 PM
We treated 2 school districts in one day with two T3000's. (Approx 56 acres).

Larry...you said that you went through 1200 gallon/day with 2 Turfco ride on units.

56 acres with 1/4 gallon tips would only be 609 gallon.

I guess I am a little confused!

I understand that most lawnsite members are "mom & pop", but we service nearly 3000 accounts, and we have been doing so for many years. Therefore, we normally have at least four or five trucks in the same zip code each day. Each truck is capable of hauling 2 tons of dry product, as well as 300 gallons of herbicide. (In case one is trying to put 2 & 2 together) BTW we also have two-way radios for instant communication.

If you had a box truck you could service with 1 truck!

Love ya Larry...but gotta watch those numbers...because they sure don't look right to me and as stated, my machine will smoke the T on capacity!

RABBITMAN11
08-04-2009, 10:23 PM
I did 100 acres by myself 4000 gallons of water......:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

rcreech
08-04-2009, 11:18 PM
I did 100 acres by myself 4000 gallons of water......:weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::weightlifter::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

.....by lunch you might add!!!!! :laugh:

rcreech
08-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Larry....I seen you posted today, are you going to clarify what you said when you started this threat on your math?

Not trying to call you out...but would like some clarifiation for those of us that really post solid numbers as your production would literally be impossible!

Did I confuse what you were trying to say? It sure looks like you were saying that 2 T's could go thorugh that much product!

Thanks,
RC

americanlawn
08-05-2009, 08:51 PM
all r trucks r D.O.T. certified. r carrier racks r 2. Hill climbing on school grounds is not easy --that's why we DON'T run zsprays (with the big spray bar in front). Locking castors are a joke as well. Tried 'em, and they suck.

Terms like "fairy tale", "highly illegal", "unsafe", etc.....you are the 1 who needs to "chill out" WABBIT cuz you sure don't know wtf you r talking about, and u r DEAD WRONG in all accounts (which you probably have very few cuz u r close-minded). :rolleyes:

""The more you talk the more you're credibilty goes down"" ...:confused::confused:

Give it a rest cuz you r way behind the times.

As for our relatinship with TURFCO...........wtf do you know about it? :confused: Please explain to all viewers what this is. (as Larry would say, rscvp)

u r a piece of work bud. Next time "think before typing". We can't help that we were the first to buy a T3000. We also can't help that we were the 1st in our state to buy Lawn Solutions equipment. Yet I'm sure you will find fault with us one way or another.

Good luck with your life. We stay away from "bad Karma" if you know what I mean.

p.s. We just treated a 54 acre wind energy complex in one day with 2 T3000's. Sleep well, and keep those DREAMS a going. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
First of all, your bragging gets really old. As far as what you do for production with the t , sounds like a fairy tale. Your gas guzzlers pickup trucks carrying two tons of fert and water. and a ride on sounds like being over weight to me.. and highly illegal and unsafe. The more you talk the more your credibility goes down. The only thing you do for turfco is ruin their image. A word of advice would be chill out.

rcreech
08-05-2009, 09:38 PM
Can't wait to see what wabbit has to say about the last post! :drinkup:

This could get very interesting!

ted putnam
08-05-2009, 09:52 PM
1 T3000 + 1 T3000 = 2 T3000's. I'm sure that part of the math is correct. The rest I'm not so sure about! :laugh:

RABBITMAN11
08-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Okay Larry you better lay off the beer its really starting to impair your judgment. Chevy 3500 two tons of fert 300 gallons of water 2400 for water
4000 for dry fert and 550 for a ride on plus another 200 for a ride on rack.
Thats over 7000 lbs that is clearly illegal to to carry that kind of weight and stupid.
As far as you going to Z spray and using their machine, you picked a day when all the guys where out of the office and Scott was working. You didn't even ride the machine! How did you test it? Answer the question Larry! FACTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!! Larry you are a jokester and so are all your so called facts. A complete fabrication of exaggerated Lies, they are very entertaining though, so keep them coming the more you talk the bigger hole you dig! Everyone on here knows you full of it. You know what else is funny you sit on here complementing Zpray for being a fine machine , and then you start talking trash. Your seriously not convincing anyone.

rcreech
08-05-2009, 10:29 PM
u r a piece of work bud. Next time "think before typing". We can't help that we were the first to buy a T3000. We also can't help that we were the 1st in our state to buy Lawn Solutions equipment. Yet I'm sure you will find fault with us one way or another.

:

I don't know if I would necessarily brag about "being the 1st".

Is it not true that Turfco has sent out 5 update kits for the first machines released? I have heard of several problems with the unit but heard they are getting them fixed.
Didn't Turfco take your machine back and do all the updates...and I thought you were having trouble with the pump. Are you still on your original pump?

I think you are trying to paint a great picture of the unit but need to be realistic. The Z isn't perfect by any means...but I don't think the T is either.

Are you going to help me with your math Larry on 1200 gallons in a day? Please do!

I am getting a ride on aerator from Turf Solutions and their walk behind unit but I am not sure if I am the first one in the state or not (really don't care).

They are only selling 15 units this year and I think Rabbit is going to get one also! I am a little scared of it being a "new design" but David said he is going to take care of us and I trust him!

FdLLawnMan
08-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Oh my God, this is getting stupid. This is nothing more than a school yard peeing match which I am getting tired if.
Larry, I know you love your T3000's as I like mine but continually bragging about them is not helping at all. Your starting to sound the the Z guys who think those machines would take them to the moon. The numbers you talk about on the truck sound a little off as my 3500 is only good for 12,000 lbs GVW.
Both machine have there good points and there not so good points. I myself prefer not to have a zero turn for a ride on unit. I have my reasons but I am not going to continually push my point. Rayholio had the best objective take on both units.
Hey Z guys, it's a machine, not a religion. Contrary to what you guys think they are not perfect, no machine is.
Rabbit, you seldom bring anything constructive to the table except your snarky comments and ripping on Larry. As far as rust on my machine, I have 4 bolts that are showing some rust, so what.
Rodney, yes, we have received several update kits. That was part of the deal we had with Turfco. Before they put something into production that send a kit to us to try out. The pump issue was fixed last year. There have been no issues since. I myself blew one belt and one spring which was due to the belt de-laminating last year. My machine has made me a lot of money and I do not regret buying it.
There are four posting about Z-sprays on here right now and we are learning nothing from any of them. Z-spay guys, I don't care whose machine you are building. Honestly, that is nothing more than an advertisement.
Can we please raise the level of maturity and stop this stupid bickering.
I am going to start another thread in the next few days about changing my program that I hope bring some much needed intelligent conversation to this site. If not, it is going to be adios for me.

rcreech
08-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Oh my God, this is getting stupid. This is nothing more than a school yard peeing match which I am getting tired if.
Larry, I know you love your T3000's as I like mine but continually bragging about them is not helping at all. Your starting to sound the the Z guys who think those machines would take them to the moon. The numbers you talk about on the truck sound a little off as my 3500 is only good for 12,000 lbs GVW.
Both machine have there good points and there not so good points. I myself prefer not to have a zero turn for a ride on unit. I have my reasons but I am not going to continually push my point. Rayholio had the best objective take on both units.
Hey Z guys, it's a machine, not a religion. Contrary to what you guys think they are not perfect, no machine is.
Rabbit, you seldom bring anything constructive to the table except your snarky comments and ripping on Larry. As far as rust on my machine, I have 4 bolts that are showing some rust, so what.
Rodney, yes, we have received several update kits. That was part of the deal we had with Turfco. Before they put something into production that send a kit to us to try out. The pump issue was fixed last year. There have been no issues since. I myself blew one belt and one spring which was due to the belt de-laminating last year. My machine has made me a lot of money and I do not regret buying it.
There are four posting about Z-sprays on here right now and we are learning nothing from any of them. Z-spay guys, I don't care whose machine you are building. Honestly, that is nothing more than an advertisement.
I am going to start another thread in the next few days about changing my program that I hope bring some much needed intelligent conversation to this site. If not, it is going to be adios for me.

Totally agree Mike!

I only brought up the update kits and problems...as Larry on almost every post says he hasn't had 1 problem with his machine...and them he says he goes through 1200 gallon/day and 4 ton of fert.

I think a lot of Larry... but his constant bragging is getting to me. We are friends and even talk on the phone...but I don't think he is being totally honest about the machine because he is SO sold on it.

As far as the Z guys showing pics...I didn't know they were gong to do that...but IT WILL BE A GREAT ADVERTISMENT for them. You won't believe the machine we have designed! :weightlifter:

I AM SO PROUD TO RUN Z's! Jesus is number 1 in my life...but the Z is definitly a great friend to have!

I used to couldn't stand the Z guys and now I am one of them! :laugh:

These machines are freak'n sweet!

ted putnam
08-05-2009, 11:33 PM
[QUOTE=FdLLawnMan;3127464]Both machine have there good points and there not so good points. . Contrary to what you guys think they are not perfect, no machine is.

All very good points.

I've got one problem with my machine. Maybe some of you Z guys reading these posts can make a suggestion. The machine is nice and quiet. Even the customers have commented on this. However, if I stop in the yard and spend a minute or so doing something, the muffler puts out so much heat it scorches the turf in that spot. I've learned not to "dilly dally" unless I pull up on a sidewalk, driveway or the street. I'm not sure if idling the machine down would make a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-06-2009, 12:12 AM
[QUOTE=FdLLawnMan;3127464]Both machine have there good points and there not so good points. . Contrary to what you guys think they are not perfect, no machine is.

All very good points.

I've got one problem with my machine. Maybe some of you Z guys reading these posts can make a suggestion. The machine is nice and quiet. Even the customers have commented on this. However, if I stop in the yard and spend a minute or so doing something, the muffler puts out so much heat it scorches the turf in that spot. I've learned not to "dilly dally" unless I pull up on a sidewalk, driveway or the street. I'm not sure if idling the machine down would make a difference. Anyone else have this problem?

Found out the hard way 4 years ago:laugh: I either shut it off, or nudge it every once in a while to keep it from being in one spot for too long:usflag:

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-06-2009, 12:15 AM

Na Na Nah Boo Boo, T3k's suck! Oh wait, sorry about that:laugh:

Just kidding*trucewhiteflag*

EVM
08-06-2009, 07:38 AM
[QUOTE=FdLLawnMan;3127464]

All very good points.

You must turn the machine off or park it on something other than grass, idle down will not stop the problem. This little problem pissed me off with the Z especially because no one told me about it, not even on this site. I come back to a couple of properties with scorch on them WTF!

rcreech
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Larry,

Are you saying that you can go though 4 pallets of fert a day and 1200 gallon of water with 2 T's?

At 1/3 gallon tips 1200 gallon would equal 82 acres
At 1/4 gallon tips 1200 gallon would equal 110 acres
4 Ton of fert would equal 68 acres

Why would you be able to spray more then dry fert?
Why wouldn't your numbers be closer?
I can see 2 machines spreading 68 acres easily...but not spraying 82 acres and no way 110 acres.

Doesn't you machine have 1/4 tips? I thought they came standard...and if so, how do you cover 110 acres considering you can ONLY spray like 64K/fill.

If you are using 1200 gallons a day...that means between your two machines (16 gallon tanks) you would fill aprox 75 times w the 1/4 gallon tips! You said you can load in 4 minutes...but that alone is 5 hours of fill time not counting transport to the truck and moving the truck!

Are you sure your numbers are correct??????

I can't do that with my Z and I fill under 1/2 as much as you would!

LARRY,

ARE YOU GOING TO ANSWER THIS???? YOU HAVE BEEN ON HERE MANY TIMES SINE AND YOU HAVE NOT CLARIFIED!

WHERE DID YOUR MATH COME FROM?

I DONT WANT TO SEE THIS PUSHED ASIDE AS I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW YOU CAME UP WITH YOUR NUMBERS!

PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND HOW YOU GO THROUGH 1200 GALLONS OF PRODUCT THROUGH 2 T-3000'S IN A DAY.

BTW...What does T-3000 stand for (serously). I don't think I have heard. Asked you on another thread and you didn't answer.

Thanks,
RC

FdLLawnMan
08-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Rodney

Going through the numbers it looks like it could be done but it would take 12 hours if I figure correctly.
600 gallon per machine divided by 16 equals 37.5 fills. Each fill does 1.47 acres. 37.5 fills equals 55 acres. At 5 mph and a 9 foot swath you cover 237,600 Sq. Ft. per hour. 237,600 divided by 1.47 equals 3.7 fills per hour. 3.7 times 10 equals 37 fills. Figure 2 hours for fill time and I suppose it could be done. If I was spraying only I would have used my boom sprayer. If he was fertilizing I don't see how it could be done. Correct me if my numbers don't add up and Larry should have done this, not me. He could have also used a white nozzle instead of the blue one to get farther on each tank.

ted putnam
08-08-2009, 11:40 PM
Rodney

Going through the numbers it looks like it could be done but it would take 12 hours if I figure correctly.
600 gallon per machine divided by 16 equals 37.5 fills. Each fill does 1.47 acres. 37.5 fills equals 55 acres. At 5 mph and a 9 foot swath you cover 237,600 Sq. Ft. per hour. 237,600 divided by 1.47 equals 3.7 fills per hour. 3.7 times 10 equals 37 fills. Figure 2 hours for fill time and I suppose it could be done. If I was spraying only I would have used my boom sprayer. If he was fertilizing I don't see how it could be done. Correct me if my numbers don't add up and Larry should have done this, not me. He could have also used a white nozzle instead of the blue one to get farther on each tank.

Don't forget Lunch...and who knows, Mason may have had 3 bowls of Chile and a 6-pack that hit him about 9AM. :laugh:

Just Kidding...

Couldn't Resist :)

rcreech
08-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Rodney

Mike,

Are you seriouly trying to defend Larry's BOGUS math? If you put 2 machines in a open 100 acre field they couldn't even meet Larry's numbers!!!! Now you go and add hills as they say and obstacles...then you are going to slow WAY down.

I make a living (and a pretty good one at that) on larger areas, and I must say this is an area that I know a lot about!

So I can promise you that two machines didn't cover that amount of area in ONE DAY!

Mike...your math would show that the machine should cover 5.4 acres/hour (not including filling). We both know that ride on machines even in wide open areas can only cover 3-3.5 acres/hour max (give or take). You state that he would be filling 3.7 times/hour...and let along would take probably .5 hours TOTAL inluding driving to truck! :dizzy:

He already stated that he ONLY did something like 56 acres total that day with both machines.

Fill time alone would be 2.5 hours/machine/day...and that doesn't count drive time to the truck and moving trucks etc.

On a GOOD day I can get 20+ acres done...but I also fill 1/2 as much as Larry!

So at the end of the day...it would truthfully take about 37 hours to spray 1200 gallons and 5 hours to fill (not including driving to truck, moving truck, breaks etc).

That is 42 hours total of time for 2 machines and that doesn't include getting there!

I SAY BULL CRAP! :hammerhead:

Anyone knows this can't be done realistically!

RABBITMAN11
08-09-2009, 07:51 AM
This is the whole reason myself and others give Larry a bunch of crap. The amount of product and weight he hauls on a pick up, and bogus numbers for production that never add up. If Larry came across differently than no one on here would give him crap. Larry stop lying about what you can do, and be truthful about things. We all are proud of the equipment we own, and know where everyone stands. He always stays silent when called out. By the way Larry loves the T-3000 he was the first to buy the T3000 after much research, he found it to be the best equipment out there because true greennnn was using it. you can also throw frisbies while doing applications lol.............Just messing with you, lighting up Larry

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Each truck is capable of hauling 2 tons of dry product, as well as 300 gallons of herbicide.

Hmm... Chevy 2500HD gvw= ~8,700 lbs. (total allowable combined weight of truck & load)

let me see how this adds up?

300 gal ~ 2,400#+
2 tons fert. 4,000# = 6,400#

+weight of sprayer
+weight of T3k
+weight of carrier rack
+ [B]weight of the truck

All adds up to-You are full of Sh!t all the way up to your eyeballs & far from believable.

Oh, and you aint DOT legal-That's for sure:laugh:

pieperlc
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
Not to be a smart@$$ or that it matters in your math, but the GVW on all of our 2500hd's are 9200 lbs. However, in our state, the cops look at the plate, not the sticker on the door. I know from experience.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
Not to be a smart@$$ or that it matters in your math, but the GVW on all of our 2500hd's are 9200 lbs. However, in our state, the cops look at the plate, not the sticker on the door. I know from experience.

I'll give you that. It IS 9,200# I knew it was close, that's why I used the ~ symbol.

If DOT pulls you over, they don't care what plate you have on it, but what the sticker on the door says. You could put a 16,000# plate on a 1/2 ton, but it aint gonna fly. Overloaded is overloaded.

pieperlc
08-09-2009, 11:48 PM
One of my guys got pulled over in a one ton dump with 14k on it. Tagged for 12k and gvw of 11k. He said "Your rated for 11K, but if you're gonna haul those loads you'll need to go up to a 16K plate." I was quite shocked myself, but he seemed to care less about the sticker and more of what we had it plated for. He did give us a ticket for being 2k overweight. BTW, 14k on it and the truck really doesn't seem to care. I feel you on the ~ symbol, I just wanted to correct you before you know who. J/K Larry.