PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this idea??

NC_1234567
08-03-2009, 08:16 PM
So, as a business owner in a totally unrelated field, I'm really getting sick of the stress associated with my current line of work, when I was younger I ran a small lawn business and have often thought about trying it again now that I'm older and have more capital..

Here's my basic idea.. Commercials. I don't know about where ya'll are from, but around here, there isn't currently and I can't ever recall seeing any type of lawn care business advertising on TV.

My thought is, typically if someone needs lawn care or is thinking about it, if they see the commercial, they'll probably call.. There's not too much shopping around, checking the BBB, etc, in this business.. It's just kinda find someone who seems to know what they are doing and you're good to go..

So, what are your opinions and have you ever seen this being used in your area?

Obviously hundreds of thousands if not millions of people could be reached..

Let me know..

SangerLawn
08-03-2009, 09:09 PM
I was mowing a field for a radio station. As payment they were broadcasting my company name across the radio waves. All I was getting was a bunch of useless phone calls and in about a 75 mile radius.

If you are looking for 1 time cuts, extreme drive time between lawns, crappy lawns that no one else wants, running all over the country giving free estimates, cutting lawns in crappy neighborhoods and normally going to court to get your money, all kinds of phone calls asking if your hiring, and all of this while trying to make a living…….go for it.