PDA

View Full Version : Lesco Tank Sprayer Hose Strength

lawnspecialties
08-03-2009, 08:18 PM
Just curious.

Has anyone had someone drive over their hose while they were spraying? I have some commercial properties with large parking lots. It's a hassle having to pull my hose up to the truck to shift because I don't want to get my hoseline run over. Is this being paranoid or will a car on a pressurized hoseline cause damage?

grandview (2006)
08-03-2009, 08:25 PM
Part of the business ,but you really shouldn't let people drive over it. it could explode and you'll have a big mess. I had one blow before and by the time i got back to the truck it was blowing all over the street.

turf hokie
08-03-2009, 08:31 PM
We get in spots where cars drive over our hoses. both the yellow and red hose. I dont worry so much about the red hose, but it is the yellow hose that I hate having driven over.

We spray some road ways that there is no where to park but on the opposite side of the street from the area to be sprayed. So we have no choice. but to pull across the street.

It will definately weaken and shorten the life of the hose. But as grandview said it sometimes comes with the territory. Just try to keep an eye on the hose when it gets driven over. We usually keep a 2nd guy by the truck just in case something happens he can shut it down. (and reel the hose back up to get the guy spraying out of harms way faster)