PDA

View Full Version : Z-spray owners loud and proud

a plus bob
08-04-2009, 04:45 PM
OK Z-SPRAY owners lets see the numbers.What Z do you have what options did you add please list if you have more than one unit.Lets get a Idea of how many Zs on here I think we all know we out number the other ride on's hands down but lets see !!!

a plus bob
08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
I currently have a intermediate with the aux tank.I traded my junior for the bigger hopper plus wanted the extra tank.I plan to add a max soon.I do not have the locking casters but I fear no hill !!! I haul my Z on a Z trailer .Also I love my hose reel and use it often.

nighthawk117
08-04-2009, 05:03 PM
Got the Intermediate and loving every minute onboard. I will be adding another set of tanks this winter, just to add another option. Did I tell you that this machine kicks ass !! :weightlifter:

chrisby316
08-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Have an older junior with "custom" locking casters.

have a 100 hour z spray intermediate with the main tank and 7 gallons side tank. The large hopper shouldnt be an option it should be standard! cant imagine having to use that small hopper again.

have a floating z spray carrier on the back of a chevy 3500 dump

my z spray trailer just died and may it rest in pieces

so that puts the currently owned zsprays in this thread @ 4

Forever Green Lawn
08-04-2009, 08:03 PM
We have an '02 Jr, '02 Max, '03 Max and two '04 Maxs. Got 'em all used :) and we use 'em all

chrisby316
08-04-2009, 08:23 PM
up to 9 so far

wcheek
08-04-2009, 08:32 PM
Bought mine new in 06 and love it! We run it hard and it still runs great. These machines are built very well! I also have the 200 lb hopper and 50ft hose and just an 18 gall tank. Beats my lesco push spreaders that i used for years, glad them days are over. I think customers like to see the new innovative machines too. Always have a lot of lookers when were at the gas stations and customers commenting on it too. Would love to buy another one when i have a few extra bucks.

Maple Wood
08-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I have a new Z Max, only has a few hours so far but I love it!

ted putnam
08-04-2009, 09:10 PM
09 Jr. with Intermediate hopper and 100 ft hose reel. Just over 150 hrs on it. I'll bet I've only put 20 hrs on my Ultra this year.:laugh: Haven't needed it. Love the Z! :usflag:

grassman177
08-04-2009, 09:18 PM
callingn out to zspray guys, how cute. well, we have three to add to the count, one of each(jr,intermediate and max) both smaller ones have dual tanks on the back. very nice to have three mix options.

EVM
08-04-2009, 10:53 PM
I have a JR with one 18 gallon tank, one aux tank, and one specialty tank plumbed to the boom. Have a 50ft hose, looking to add a foam marker, and another specialty tank. The machine is a beast, I enjoy using it every chance I get.

kmiller23
08-04-2009, 11:05 PM
2007 Junior Wide, added custom hitch to pull 4 foot aerator, hopper extension and auxiliary tank added in '09. Great machine! Keep up the great work LT Rich and crew!!

rcreech
08-04-2009, 11:15 PM
Currently running a Z Int with 100 ft of hose, foamer and 2 aux tanks (1 of them being an independent tank).

Next week a fine Lawnsite member will be taking it off my hands...becasue I am having my DREAM MACHINE delievered on Aug 12th.

Keeping the PG for now...because my Dad is old school...but will own 2 Z's my the start of next spring. If Dad doesn't want to run a Z...he will have to look for a new job! :) JK!!!!!

Can't wait to post pics of my new ride! You guys will die when you see what my boys at LT Rich are doing for me! I am freak'n PUMPED!!!!! :weightlifter:

They are sharp dudes!!!!!!

Russ
08-05-2009, 03:54 AM
1 Intermediate & 1 Max work with us. The only complaint I have about them is that they did not start a year earlier.

Grandview
08-05-2009, 09:02 AM
Currently running a Z Int with 100 ft of hose, foamer and 2 aux tanks (1 of them being an independent tank).

Next week a fine Lawnsite member will be taking it off my hands...becasue I am having my DREAM MACHINE delievered on Aug 12th.

Keeping the PG for now...because my Dad is old school...but will own 2 Z's my the start of next spring. If Dad doesn't want to run a Z...he will have to look for a new job! :) JK!!!!!

Can't wait to post pics of my new ride! You guys will die when you see what my boys at LT Rich are doing for me! I am freak'n PUMPED!!!!! :weightlifter:

They are sharp dudes!!!!!!

So what are you buying next spring?

Dandylyin Slayer
08-05-2009, 11:35 AM
09 junior with foamer and one aux tank.

rcreech
08-05-2009, 02:50 PM
So what are you buying next spring?

I will be running a Z Max after next week....and will probably either go with another Max or maybe an Int for my next purchase!

Love the big machine's capacity and effeciencies!

sprayboy
08-05-2009, 08:37 PM
Bought a jr in 2003 and upgraded to the max a couple of years ago.
I can't imagine life without one.

EBHC
08-05-2009, 09:58 PM
08 Intermediate w/ 1 extra tank - added a foam marker - changing to 2 extra tanks soon - large hopper - goes through 36" gates VG -100' hose reel - no regrets great machine!

grassman177
08-06-2009, 10:20 PM
why get rid of the intermediate you have rodney if you are just going to buy another next year, unless it is a money thing, but still. just curious!

rcreech
08-06-2009, 11:13 PM
why get rid of the intermediate you have rodney if you are just going to buy another next year, unless it is a money thing, but still. just curious!

You nailed it....

I was going to get a Z Max this fall anyway...but my Dad loves the PG so I thought this would be a good time to "upgrade" to the Max and see where we are next spring.

I will probably keep the PG....as it does a great job for us, but if things continue, I may have a need to run 3 machines next year. Then I will get another Z but not sure which one yet.

Plus...I want to do my part to keep the Z boys busy (not that they need any help)! Every time I go in there they are buried making machines! :weightlifter:

grassman177
08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
yup, good 4 u. it is growing here very well too, with us to do some promoting this fall and next spring like never before( almost litterally as we have never done any real marketing as we grow almost more than we can handle each year) the cometitions the last 2 years has grown alot , have to make sure we still have top spot for many more years to come!

turf hokie
08-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Did not want to get into the whole this is better that is better war....

But
+1 z max,

completely stock except for the foam marker. Mine is an '05 model and that was before I knew what I could do with it and how I could customize it. I will end up burying it before I sell it, but the next one will have a couple of bells and a few whistles.

Turf Tech
08-09-2009, 01:24 AM
My hose dragging days are over. I just placed an order for a Junior with a aux tank with its own pump and 100' hose 200lb hopper and foam marker.

I have found this site very helpful with making my decision. Ray and the guys at Lt Rich have been great to work with and I look forward to expanding to more units in the future.

a plus bob
08-09-2009, 10:29 AM
I started this thread to get a Idea of the number of Z owners and machines I know we haven't heard from every body yet. Not every body wants to get into the whole Z vs T battle Maybe I should have posted a Ride on poll to see the numbers of other machines ? We keep seeing the same which ride on thread so I figured we would show how many Z owners on here but now we don't know the other numbers.But we know a lot of Z owners have taken the time to brag about their machines,and tell how much they love them! Keep posting guys.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-09-2009, 12:28 PM
Junior here. 5th season with it & never a problem! It's the swiss army knife of machines! :usflag:

rcreech
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
My hose dragging days are over. I just placed an order for a Junior with a aux tank with its own pump and 100' hose 200lb hopper and foam marker.

I have found this site very helpful with making my decision. Ray and the guys at Lt Rich have been great to work with and I look forward to expanding to more units in the future.

Turf Tech,

You will FALL in love with that setup! It don't get much better then that!!!!!

grassman177
08-09-2009, 04:51 PM
good thread, keep it alive, but you should post a poll for ride ons, that would be fair to all

humble1
08-09-2009, 07:53 PM
intermediate, lock castors, 100ft reel, wide tires, extra tank

rcreech
08-09-2009, 09:22 PM
I didn't realize HOW MANY guys on here had Z's.

Now I see why we all have so much time to post here on Lawn Site.

All the other boys are still out working and we can get on here and talk! :)

Man I love being effecient~!

Getting my SUPER Z this week! Can't wait to see how the Z boys worked their magic!!!!

Josh.S
08-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I am a z owner now... bought rcreech's machine.

09 Z Intermediate
100 ft hose
1 aux tank plumbed into system
1 aux tank w/ recoil hose as a separate system with pump
foam marker

Not a bad little machine.

rcreech
08-09-2009, 10:10 PM
I am a z owner now... bought rcreech's machine.

09 Z Intermediate
100 ft hose
1 aux tank plumbed into system
1 aux tank w/ recoil hose as a separate system with pump
foam marker

Not a bad little machine.

Have you got to log many hours on it yet?

You will love it man!

I seriously almost cried when you pulled out! :cry:

But Thank God I knew another one was coming very soon! :)

Josh.S
08-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Have you got to log many hours on it yet?

You will love it man!

I seriously almost cried when you pulled out! :cry:

But Thank God I knew another one was coming very soon! :)

Lol rod, you won't even miss it when you get your new machine. I got a perimeter pest to do tomorrow and spray a yard with it. Haven't even gotten to use it yet though besides at your house.

turf hokie
08-11-2009, 07:57 PM
Did the non-z spray "fire back" thread get pulled?

a plus bob
08-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Did the non-z spray "fire back" thread get pulled?

i think so ??????????

sprayboy
08-11-2009, 08:47 PM
So did the math question thread.

Someone prob complained because they were losing the battle.

a plus bob
08-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Care full guys or this one is next

ted putnam
08-12-2009, 12:08 AM
I was glad to see Ric post again for the first time in awhile :)

Green Growers
10-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Hey all, just found out about the zspray. I cany believe I havent seen this earlier. Still learning about it. Can you use the plugger, slicer and sprayer all on the 36" machine. What are the cost's running? This machine is a bad ass.

Volman
10-05-2009, 11:40 AM
on my 2nd intermediate. 08 with 1 -7 gal aux tank. I added a foam marker. wish i had a second aux tank. I do fear some hills, but the locking casters help alot. rcreech be sure to post pics of the super Z

TurfRyder
10-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Just finished up another season with my intermediate and winterized my tanks. Logged another 300 hrs. on it. Could have taken on a few more accounts. Hopefully next year I will be busier.

Gold86
10-17-2009, 02:39 PM
I just bought a used junior unit a week ago from rich and love it already. Just using it for a a few hours you can quickly see the high quality of the machine. I am lucky i found a used unit in good shape. I am looking forward to years of use out of it and would suggest the lt rich company to anyone, great built machine.

grassman177
10-17-2009, 03:49 PM
nice to hear another satisfied customer.

rcreech
10-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Hear ya!

Out of all the turf show that I have been to and talking to people that own a Z...I have yet to meet anyone that wasn't satisfied!

Out of everyone on here that has one the only person on here I can think of was Rayholio!

And ya can't make them all happy I guess! :)

I think it is the best thing in the world! Makes my job fun (even though I barely get to run it anymore)!

kendall1
10-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Z max with extra tank. One awesome machine! My PG sits in the shop most of the time:)

grassman177
10-18-2009, 11:19 PM
Kendall1 , is the extra tank on the rear in the bins or in place of the hopper as a spray only machine?

Rayholio
10-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Hear ya!

Out of everyone on here that has one the only person on here I can think of was Rayholio!

I'm not unhappy with the Z.. I still use it. I just didn't feel that it lives up to the hype.. I guess you could say that I don't wanna join the 'cult' because I'm still waiting on the perfect machine :)

br549oicu8
10-19-2009, 04:29 PM
I'm not unhappy with the Z.. I still use it. I just didn't feel that it lives up to the hype.. I guess you could say that I don't wanna join the 'cult' because I'm still waiting on the perfect machine :)

There'll never be a perfect machine. Everything has its good points, bad points, etc....
I think the Z-Spray is so far superior to anything else on the market that we tend to "honor" it with praise.
I did it once with my 1st purchase---A Max.
I did it again with my 2nd purchase---An Intermediate
I did it a 3rd time with the purchase of a Jr.

Hail to the "Almost Perfect" Z-Spray!!

Fly Fish
10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
WE just got our Max. been using it for a week. Our campus has 2.5 mil sq ft of grass. Used to take us a month to fert, now did it in 8 days.
I do some side work and am going to buy one for myself next spring, probably the junior.
I work fuul time at a university.

grassman177
10-19-2009, 07:30 PM
nice story on saved time, now they can have you picking up more trash!!haha. joke. i assume they will find other ways to keep you busy now huh!

Rayholio
10-19-2009, 08:25 PM
Ok.. remember I didn't start this..

The Z is not 'near' perfect. It's different, yet about the same overall to the T3K.. I'm not sure which is 'better' yet..

But I can tell you that as time goes on, I see more flaws with my Z.. right now the throttle on the engine is stuck, so it runs at about 3800 RPM... until I start to climb a hill, where it drops to about 1500 rmp, slows the propeller etc..

My front tires can't do a full turn without hitting bolts that stick down off the spray boom.. guess my front casters are starting to weep??

I had a weld break on the control pylon.

Today I got stuck on perfectly level ground in only moist conditions.. Hasn't rained for 4 days.

my spray tips keep clogging, and spraying inconsistantly

A hose inside the control pylon broke open drenching a lawn in 2-4-d (turns out the hose was laying on top of the engine, and eventually wore threw via the spinning plate on top of the engine.

I've allready replaced my fertilizer propreller.. it actually had eroded away to the point that it was unusable.

And these are ALL failures that were not included in my review.. My machine barely has 100 hours on it, and there is no excuse for this.. especially when I have a 1000 hour 10 year old grasshopper mower 721d sitting next to it, (which I purchased for $6k) that has never had these kind of issues. Reliability is everything, otherwise it's quicker to push the spreader.

just sayin'

No doubt about it.. when compared to other commercial equipment, the ride on spreader has some evolving to do.

grassman177
10-19-2009, 08:57 PM
sounds like some problems there rayholio. these should be addressed if you have not with Lt rich. we have three machines and have none of these problems. sounds lemonish to me! i have however had a promlem with a parking brake on my max that is rubbing on a tank, they are currently looking at it to remidy this. not sure why or how it is happening yet

RABBITMAN11
10-19-2009, 09:07 PM
sounds like some problems there rayholio. these should be addressed if you have not with Lt rich. we have three machines and have none of these problems. sounds lemonish to me! i have however had a promlem with a parking brake on my max that is rubbing on a tank, they are currently looking at it to remidy this. not sure why or how it is happening yet

Ray cornholio you are so full of crap why not send your machine back so we can stop hearing your stupid whinning. You are the only one that complains, fact of the matter is the Z machine is the best on the market and has captured the market. So listening to some some small frie like yourself is not going to change anything. Do us all a favor quit crying.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rayholio
10-19-2009, 09:50 PM
You guys are taking this all wrong..

How could I not like a machine that saves me from pushing a spreader?

I'm just sayin' that it's not the bullet proof design that I expected, and that you guys constantly promote.

And if I had bought this at a local dealer, you bet I would be takin' it in to have them honor the warranty.. but it's kinda hard when the dealership is about 20 hours away by truck.

as it is, I call them about my problems ever so often, and they give me advice on how to fix it.. on the weld, they told me to take it to a welder, and send them the bill.. on the spreader propeller, they sent me another one for free.. on the engine, they explained what parts would be causing the problem, and that maybe I need to rebuild the carborator. I havn't called them back since. So, I havn't talked to them about the casters yet.. Did I mention rust? more parts are starting to rust on the machine.. especially hydrolic fittings.

Anyone wanna see photos and video? I've got 'em..

I'm not the only one with complaints about the Z.. I'm just the only one talking about 'em..

ted putnam
10-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Ok.. remember I didn't start this..

The Z is not 'near' perfect. It's different, yet about the same overall to the T3K.. I'm not sure which is 'better' yet..

But I can tell you that as time goes on, I see more flaws with my Z.. right now the throttle on the engine is stuck, so it runs at about 3800 RPM... until I start to climb a hill, where it drops to about 1500 rmp, slows the propeller etc..

My front tires can't do a full turn without hitting bolts that stick down off the spray boom.. guess my front casters are starting to weep??

I had a weld break on the control pylon.

Today I got stuck on perfectly level ground in only moist conditions.. Hasn't rained for 4 days.

my spray tips keep clogging, and spraying inconsistantly

A hose inside the control pylon broke open drenching a lawn in 2-4-d (turns out the hose was laying on top of the engine, and eventually wore threw via the spinning plate on top of the engine.

I've allready replaced my fertilizer propreller.. it actually had eroded away to the point that it was unusable.

And these are ALL failures that were not included in my review.. My machine barely has 100 hours on it, and there is no excuse for this.. especially when I have a 1000 hour 10 year old grasshopper mower 721d sitting next to it, (which I purchased for $6k) that has never had these kind of issues. Reliability is everything, otherwise it's quicker to push the spreader.

just sayin'

No doubt about it.. when compared to other commercial equipment, the ride on spreader has some evolving to do.

My spinner doesn't slow down with lower RPM's. It remains constant to whatever speeed I have it set.

I have no hoses anywhere near the top of my motor and I have 180hrs on mine and the spinner is nowhere near needing replaced, much less corroded. I did have to adjust those bolts on the boom but not because of any castor weeping. A fence was hit and bent the boom bracket slightly. Therefore we had to do a little adjusting. I haven't cleaned my tips yet. Of course I haven't felt the need. I've sprayed EC's DG's and L's. I have sprayed no Ferromec in mine. IMO the Ferromec and all of it's residues are your problem with respect to the tips. Have you contacted LT Rich?? You don't strike me as the type of guy to just let things slide. I clean my machine weekly along with spraying lubricant and regular maintenance according to their directions and have had none of the problems you speak of. I'm confused:confused:

Rayholio
10-19-2009, 10:15 PM
I dunno.. I'm pretty rough on stuff appearantly.. I can break about anything :)

on the tips, I havn't had ferromec in there for a long long time.. but you could be right about that being the primary cause.. and I'm running 1/4 gallon tips, so they are very small openings.

You know, probably the hardest thing on the machine is the weather.. I don't have room to store it indoors, so I keep it on the trailer.. ( I MAKE room for winter storage in my personal garage) but it's been a REALLY wet year, and the addition of granular fertilizer dust everywhere doesn't help.

I realize the challange. but I also see how mowers have evolved. I was a mower guy before a fert guy.. and look at the durability record on my also outdoor kept grasshopper.. no engine, or hydro repairs. I've replaced the PTO clutch, a rear wheel caster, tires once, ignition switch, PTO linkage, and that's about it.. ALL of these repairs were in the last 2 years.. before that.. NEVER a repair.. 1000 hours..

There's not a ride on applicator made that can match that record (yet) but someday there will be.

grassman177
10-19-2009, 10:20 PM
truth Ted, i had an issue with a castor this summer after hitting a deep trench in the yard just right and bent the castor enough to cause rubbing of the tire too, but got a new castor set and all better. i still have the old one that is good and two tires and a wheel for sale if any of you are interested!? it is the old style castor.

Back to you rayholio. i have to admit again another thing, our machines are dirty and caked a bit and dont have any of the cable problems(maybe luck) i am confused and not trying to pick a fight so you know! some things are going to rust, the hydro fittings are not stainless. so that one is understandable so is the front castor top caps, not stainless and they rust too. no biggie. how about some pics so we can beter understand your dilema

grassman177
10-19-2009, 10:23 PM
ohyeah, the tips, we have had to clean out the tip screens a couple of times, not too bad but they start to drip a bit while operating and that is how you know to check them and clean them. so much gets in to the tanks from filling they are bound to get dirty and that is the nature of having them, a good thing. i however would imagine more often cleaning for you using the 1/4 gal tips, we are using the 1/2 gal.

ted putnam
10-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I dunno.. I'm pretty rough on stuff appearantly.. I can break about anything :)

on the tips, I havn't had ferromec in there for a long long time.. but you could be right about that being the primary cause.. and I'm running 1/4 gallon tips, so they are very small openings.

You know, probably the hardest thing on the machine is the weather.. I don't have room to store it indoors, so I keep it on the trailer.. ( I MAKE room for winter storage in my personal garage) but it's been a REALLY wet year, and the addition of granular fertilizer dust everywhere doesn't help.

I realize the challange. but I also see how mowers have evolved. I was a mower guy before a fert guy.. and look at the durability record on my also outdoor kept grasshopper.. no engine, or hydro repairs. I've replaced the PTO clutch, a rear wheel caster, tires once, ignition switch, PTO linkage, and that's about it.. ALL of these repairs were in the last 2 years.. before that.. NEVER a repair.. 1000 hours..

There's not a ride on applicator made that can match that record (yet) but someday there will be.

Space is a premium here too. I have been keeping my riding mower and Suzuki quad outside so I could keep my PG and Z-spray in the garage(Next to the wife's maxima)I do this because I know the quad and mower will last longer out in the weather even though they're semi-covered than the fert spreaders will. Fert/fert residues + moisture = Rust, corrosion, and deterioration. You know that. That's why weather is so much tougher on fertilzer equipment vs. mowing equipment Lucky for me I'm about halfway done on a 24x40 shop with a 12ft wide lean to running the length of it. I'll have enough room for my personal as well as my business equip and still have room for half a semi truck of fert. I can hardly wait. Should be done in the next week or so.

Josh.S
10-20-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm just sayin' that it's not the bullet proof design that I expected, and that you guys constantly promote.

I agree 100%.

And if I had bought this at a local dealer, you bet I would be takin' it in to have them honor the warranty.. but it's kinda hard when the dealership is about 20 hours away by truck.

Yeah it sucks working on a almost new $8000 machine yourself all the time when it is under warranty.

I'm not the only one with complaints about the Z.. I'm just the only one talking about 'em..

I agree again. I have had a good handful of problems with my Z. I'm not going to make a big deal out them because it is still a good machine (best out IMO).

Text above.

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
10-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Ray,
I like my Z, but am no koolaid drinking cheerleader for it (One comes to mind though) However, I am amazed that you are having all these issues with it:confused:
I have not changed my spinner in almost 500 hrs.-last one got replaced due to a tree ambushing me:o

I replaced throttle cable last year-3 years old.

I have some surface/cosmetic rust on my hydraulic fittings, but I realize that is the way it is going to be with carbon steel & fertilizer. (And I rarely clean it)

Tips clogging-I run wp through mine & have only changed screens once in 500 hrs. Maybe since I change tips between .25, .5 & 1.0 gal. it inadvertently gets cleaned out, saving me the trouble of cleaning them all the time:confused:

Of course, I could care less if you like it or not-I don't sell them:laugh:

Rayholio
10-20-2009, 02:45 AM
It's actually not the throttle cable.. its the pivoting cam on top of the carborator.. It doesn't move freely.. I can't get it to budge at all without pliers.

Yeah.. my spinner was shot all to hell by 100 hours.. I usually run it at a speed of about '3' but have been known to sometimes run it all the way up on my larger lawns. It was throwing VERY heavy to one side, and had worn the plastic completely away about an inch deep. They told me that they made SOME that were stainless.. I'd like to have one of those :)

They could fix a lot of the rust with a coating.. maybe even some types of paint.

and I'm not too concerned with the tips.. I've actually got all the parts to hook up a T3K style spray tip.. just havn't done it yet. (those are TOUGH to clog btw)

I do like the machine.. I just don't LOVE it.. Kinda like my dodge dakota.. It does ok... I'm glad I got it.. I'm just not sure I'd buy another one. ;)

br549oicu8
10-20-2009, 08:46 AM
Wouldn't it be nice if we could choose women the way we choose our spreaders?
I didn't get this one because it didn't spread wide enough.
I chose this one because there were problems with leaking.
This one didn't get good traction when wet.

LOL!!!
Time to lighten it up a bit!!!

Fly Fish
10-20-2009, 09:51 AM
nice story on saved time, now they can have you picking up more trash!!haha. joke. i assume they will find other ways to keep you busy now huh!
Thankfully I dont have to pick up trash, (thats what the student workers are for) I am responsible for keeping the lawns free of weeds and green and keeping all the trees and shrubs healthy. It is a good place to work I wont get rich here but I have work in the winter. As I said I am going to get a junior in the spring for my side business.

grassman177
10-20-2009, 01:31 PM
cool fly fish. very cool job, then haveing a side busniess makes it more the sweet

Fly Fish
10-20-2009, 02:04 PM
It is a good job. The benefits are great also. the side business is so my wife can go see the grandkids in Boston, Cleveland and S. George, Ut. It also gives me $$$$$$to go fly fishing. Now with this z max I can even get more time to fish:walking:

grassman177
10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
grandkids, wow. u old ahahha

rcreech
10-20-2009, 09:04 PM
My spinner doesn't slow down with lower RPM's. It remains constant to whatever speeed I have it set.

I have no hoses anywhere near the top of my motor and I have 180hrs on mine and the spinner is nowhere near needing replaced, much less corroded. I did have to adjust those bolts on the boom but not because of any castor weeping. A fence was hit and bent the boom bracket slightly. Therefore we had to do a little adjusting. I haven't cleaned my tips yet. Of course I haven't felt the need. I've sprayed EC's DG's and L's. I have sprayed no Ferromec in mine. IMO the Ferromec and all of it's residues are your problem with respect to the tips. Have you contacted LT Rich?? You don't strike me as the type of guy to just let things slide. I clean my machine weekly along with spraying lubricant and regular maintenance according to their directions and have had none of the problems you speak of. I'm confused:confused:

SAME HERE! :)

Love my Z!

It is a studly machine!

4.5 acres/fill has made our life so much easier!