PDA

View Full Version : is this was a snake that burn my grass?

TTPRODR
08-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Ok i walk out the doo and saw this burned up spot on a shape of a big snake,is it possible that a snake could have created that?any suggestions please

cudaclan
08-04-2009, 06:12 PM
Yeah, a snake had spontaneous combustion.:rolleyes:
More like an herbicide leak (sprayer) or gas run-off from an overfilled mower.

TTPRODR
08-04-2009, 06:25 PM
Yeah, a snake had spontaneous combustion.:rolleyes:

oh no dont tell me that,this mark is 17 feet long, i recently apply snake away because we found some small corn snakes which are not dangerous but if this is an snake and having pets and a small baby is scaring the hell out of me.

bj22
08-04-2009, 06:29 PM
looks like someone may have been trying to spray yhe weeds in the rock beds and had a leaky wand

White Gardens
08-04-2009, 06:32 PM
looks like someone may have been trying to spray yhe weeds in the rock beds and had a leaky wand

That or had weed killer on their shoes.

TTPRODR
08-04-2009, 06:33 PM

nope, unless someone was trying to do me a favor but I have not applied any pesticide or herbicide in my lawn or rocks.

sandman23
08-04-2009, 07:23 PM
I agree, it is definitely looks like leak or run-off.

chrisby316
08-04-2009, 09:37 PM
your telling me that you are weighing your options and you think it was a 17 foot snake over what these other guys are telling you? seriously doubt it

TTPRODR
08-05-2009, 07:52 PM
your telling me that you are weighing your options and you think it was a 17 foot snake over what these other guys are telling you? seriously doubt it

na im not telling you that.

yes it was gasoline out my trimmer, doing some rewinding on my memory now I remember that the cap came off loose around that area while trimming around last week and spill over,I appreciate everyone input,but definitely got a shape of snake and there is being few founds of phyton's recently around n.e fl so and just few weeks ago i found a corn snake in my kitchen but thats what this type of forums are all about for questions and answers suggestions and ideas.
thanks a lot people.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Uff da...I am glad I do not live in your part of the country where slithering reptiles are bound to be found everywhere.

Think Green
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
TTPRODR,
I believe you have nailed the coffin shut on the snake theory.
My employees have been guilty of such a difficult problem to solve. Yet, it shows up within a few days for me to find and it always eludes their memories as to what happened. I tear up a sample of grass, smell it and tell them the answer........it is always the same. We use Stihl commercial line- trimmers, with those new hairbrained special caps that are hard a heck to get to lock on..
The only other option would be vole damage that often will raise the turf just high enough for the roots to dry out and turn the tunneled grass's brown.