PDA

View Full Version : organic ride-on unit

americanlawn
08-04-2009, 06:08 PM
We're taking it in to get the tank & spreader installed this week.

We figure it will save on gas.

Please, no negative comments. :laugh: :waving:

NattyLawn
08-04-2009, 09:07 PM
I think this is the real organic ride-on. Looks like a Black Pearl with a bigger tank, 4 GPM spray pump and battery powered.

Are you getting to much flak from the Z-Spray boys that you have to make fun of the organic guys? The Z-Sprays kick ass, but I have too many hilly properties so I was considering a T for my next machine. All the fighting and repeat posts about pulling a trailer, blah, blah have turned me off though. A Mini-Max it is!

ted putnam
08-04-2009, 10:17 PM
I think this is the real organic ride-on. Looks like a Black Pearl with a bigger tank, 4 GPM spray pump and battery powered.

Are you getting to much flak from the Z-Spray boys that you have to make fun of the organic guys? The Z-Sprays kick ass, but I have too many hilly properties so I was considering a T for my next machine. All the fighting and repeat posts about pulling a trailer, blah, blah have turned me off though. A Mini-Max it is!

It's hard to believe but I agree with your entire post. :waving: The mini max will be my next. I'll bet the single opening in the hopper would do well handling some of the harder to spread organic materials.

ted putnam
08-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Sweet looking ride in that pic. Bet it's quiet being that it's battery powered. How long will it run on a charge?? What's it called?

NattyLawn
08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Sweet looking ride in that pic. Bet it's quiet being that it's battery powered. How long will it run on a charge?? What's it called?

It was in the last issue of Turf I think. It's called the EcoRider and is used by Safelawns....I can't find any additional info.

http://www.turfmagazine.com/article.php?id=3547

NattyLawn
08-04-2009, 11:23 PM
It's hard to believe but I agree with your entire post. :waving: The mini max will be my next. I'll bet the single opening in the hopper would do well handling some of the harder to spread organic materials.

Spot on with the single opening hopper. With some materials in the Magnum I have to go over properties twice.

americanlawn
08-05-2009, 06:31 PM
The Eco-Rider looks like it has a nice spray pattern. I also looked for the Black Pearl website that I originally posted here back in 2007. "webpage nolonger exists". ?? So I wonder which ride-on is pictured. :confused:

From what I gather, the Eco-Rider means a normal ride-on unit that has been converted over to electric power. So basically it's a conversion kit? BTW lead acid batteries are not quite totally organic, plus most of our electricity is produced by coal.

Anyway, I have never seen Safe Earth use anything except a spray hose or a PG.

Nothing against organic products for sure, and yes the Z-guys run fine equipment. Prob is....we do too.

Nice posts. Thanks.