PDA

View Full Version : Mulch job question

ron mexico75
08-05-2009, 10:45 AM
I have somebody that asked me to do an estimate for mulch. I measured and calculated that I'll need 9 yards. Now I know what the going rate is per yard installed. I generally would clean up the beds and edge as any good installer would do.

This is my question; would you charge it as extra time to clean up this one bed that has been neglected for about 16 months or so? It has junipers in it but it looks like the junipers are planted in a weed infested lawn rather then a bed! I had to feel with my hands just to see where the damn bed edges were at. This bed isn't terribly big (14x8) on a hill. However, we are talking crab grass, wire grass, broad leaf weed mixes. and they are all around junipers so spraying glyphosate can't be done. Along the edges maybe but not the entire bed.

ron mexico75
08-05-2009, 11:27 AM
anybody?:confused:

SLMGT
08-05-2009, 01:56 PM
Charge for the installed mulch job plus the extra cost for the cleaning up the bed. Normally mulch jobs do not require much cleanup.

ron mexico75
08-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Charge for the installed mulch job plus the extra cost for the cleaning up the bed. Normally mulch jobs do not require much cleanup.

Yeah, that's what I was leaning towards. You're right, usually beds don't require an overhaul to mulch. This one has been sitting for almost a year and a half! Thanks man.

STIHL GUY
08-06-2009, 12:59 AM
i would also charge extra to clean that bed