PDA

View Full Version : RCREECH's Z-Max

ZSpray Info
08-05-2009, 03:40 PM
Thought we would post daily update pics of Rodney's machine being built from the ground up.

a plus bob
08-05-2009, 04:03 PM
Where are the pink tanks ??

ZSpray Info
08-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Where are the pink tanks ??

Tanks and the Barbie decals are on order from Mattel.

sprayboy
08-05-2009, 08:43 PM
I saw some foam on the ground here this afternoon.
I just figured it out that it was creech foaming at the mouth looking at these pics.

Hope you enjoy your new max.....or can we call it a super duper max?

Runner
08-05-2009, 11:15 PM
What a cool idea! (This thread).

Falcon50EX
08-06-2009, 06:48 AM
:usflag:Keep this going

ZSpray Info
08-06-2009, 04:08 PM
Here are some more pics of today's progress:

a plus bob
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
I see two pump switches :p

ZSpray Info
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Also please excuse our mess in the shop. We have just undergone some major office renovations and are moving assembly to another building.

rcreech
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
I CAN'T WAIT....HURRY AND GET R DONE!!!!! :blob2:

Seriously pumped up!

Thanks for posting the pics so we call all see you work your magic!

:walking:

grassman177
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM
see, we are not the only ones they care about enough to post in making pics, they love us all!!! awesome rodney, this i dont know, but seems you have one serious custom beast int he making, what are the stats, differences than a regular max like we have? congrats by the way

rcreech
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
see, we are not the only ones they care about enough to post in making pics, they love us all!!! awesome rodney, this i dont know, but seems you have one serious custom beast int he making, what are the stats, differences than a regular max like we have? congrats by the way

Havn't been in this business as long as many...but having options makes us effecient...being effecint makes us money.

It isn't costing me much more to design my own AWESME Z unit to meet ALL my needs, then to have a standard unit made by others that only sprays one product and has no options.

I can literally carry up to 4 different mixes on this machine and have four different ways to apply! That is big for us!

One stop shop is KEY!!!!

My unit will be a "regular Z Max" with the following options:

1 additional hose reel (for a total of 2)

2 added tanks (one that is dedicated to the added hose reel and 80"boom)
Foamer

Custom wheels

Small box for spreader, knife and gloves

Several other minor changes you will see

---------3 different spray systems
Full 10'3" boom for blanket spray off main tank
4 tips (80") mounted on front boom only for added tank for gly or insect
Flood Jet (boomless tip) mounted on front boom for blanket spray from main tank

THANKS!

grassman177
08-07-2009, 05:07 PM
sounds great. that will make things much more effective in terms of time and ease! very cool. it is nice to be able to customize so easily with them for a machine that will truely meet ones needs. i would love to have a zspray for shrubs only, thatway it is very aCCESSIBLE to anywhere. i hate hoses and dragging, i did more than a large amount of it and am done!!!!:)

cant wait to see it, you willhaved to get some action pics too , thanks for sharing

turf hokie
08-07-2009, 07:29 PM
:dizzy:Sound awesome Rodney, I might be stealing some of those ideas for my next z. But you definately have to pay attention to what you are doing. Heaven forbid if you flip the wrong tank on and blanket spray a lawn with round-up, may not be the machine for anyone but the owner (or his dad):weightlifter:

rcreech
08-07-2009, 09:18 PM
:dizzy:Sound awesome Rodney, I might be stealing some of those ideas for my next z. But you definately have to pay attention to what you are doing. Heaven forbid if you flip the wrong tank on and blanket spray a lawn with round-up, may not be the machine for anyone but the owner (or his dad):weightlifter:

I agree...but if a person is competant to run the machine and trained then there shouldn't be any issues.

This machine will be more complicated then most machines no doubt...but the guys I don't see any issues as there will be the necessary stops in place.

I don't and won't make a habit of carrying gly on a lawn for no reason.

On gly I am a load as needed. There is just too much risk for a leak or spill ect when using gly.

I can use the tank for insecticides, fungicides and other selective broadleaf products also. Not just gly!

This Z will run like any other and one would have to go out of their way to screw up.

EBHC
08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Can you give more information about the boomless nozzle set up, what nozzle your using etc??
Thanks

rcreech
08-07-2009, 10:45 PM
Can you give more information about the boomless nozzle set up, what nozzle your using etc??
Thanks

Are you coming the the OLCA summer mtg this week? Andy is bringing it to the show and you can see it there if so.

ted putnam
08-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Thanks

Ditto on your ????

Hey Rod,
Has it got the Hypro tip like the T3000 or is it the actual Foodjet nozzle by Teejet/Spraying Systems?? I've been looking at mine...thinking of all the parts I'm going to need to do the job myself. I'm really curious as to which might be the best way to go of those 2 type tips...how wide it sprays with a single tip centered etc... I looked at those Hypro tips online. Interesting, but I have never used them. I am very familiar with the Floodjet nozzles since my Ultra was equiped with 2...of course with a much less powerful pump

EVM
08-08-2009, 07:26 AM
I am not sure how RC's will be set up but this is how mine is set up. Right now mine has two extra AI tips on the front boom. They can be switched out to use flood jets for an 8 foot pass and it could also have another tip installed in the middle of the boom for a 4 foot pass or the tip that the t3000 uses. The tips run off of a separate pump. I was going to do some modification to the unit but decided that AI nozzles are the best way to go. How are you going to use a 10ft nozzle to go around a mail box or obstacle when chemical is going on the side walk/street?

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5527/zspary026.jpg

ted putnam
08-08-2009, 09:50 AM
I am not sure how RC's will be set up but this is how mine is set up. Right now mine has two extra AI tips on the front boom. They can be switched out to use flood jets for an 8 foot pass and it could also have another tip installed in the middle of the boom for a 4 foot pass or the tip that the t3000 uses. The tips run off of a separate pump. I was going to do some modification to the unit but decided that AI nozzles are the best way to go. How are you going to use a 10ft nozzle to go around a mail box or obstacle when chemical is going on the side walk/street?

Trimming would not be the Floodjets advantage, open territory would. I'm not sure about the Hypro tip but with the floodjet you can make turns and keep spraying without burning the inside corners. You can't do that with the AI tips pointed down from the boom.You have to make passes shutting off at the end of each pass. Any trimming could still be done with the hose reel or any combination of AI tips on the boom.

rcreech
08-08-2009, 12:10 PM

Mine will quite different.

It will be an actual flood nozzle.

Do you have any trouble with the rigid tips as far a breaking off. I would think them sticking out there like that...they wouldn't last long.

Heidi J.
08-08-2009, 04:25 PM
That's gonna be a pretty sweet machine Rodney! Good luck!:waving:

EVM
08-08-2009, 09:42 PM
Mine will quite different.

It will be an actual flood nozzle.

Do you have any trouble with the rigid tips as far a breaking off. I would think them sticking out there like that...they wouldn't last long.

No, I have not broken a tip but I am the only one who uses the machine.

rcreech
08-08-2009, 10:33 PM
No, I have not broken a tip but I am the only one who uses the machine.

I was just wondering...as usually when something is sticking out like that (especially plastic) it usually doesn't last long around here.

Not a bad idea...but I think I would look to put a guard or something around it to protect it from getting knocked off.

sprayboy
08-09-2009, 08:03 AM

That would always be in the back of my mind, kinda scary.
You could double switch the gly tank for extra security.....

or you could have a pop up window appear on your computer screen asking if you really want to spray the gly... the screen that has your mapping and guidance system.

Wouldn't that be cool to have.

Grandview
08-09-2009, 08:37 AM
I started adding red dye to all my gly mixes. I also try and spray my gly jobs at the end of the day and clean out when I come home. Had a few mishaps last year.

rcreech
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
That would always be in the back of my mind, kinda scary.
You could double switch the gly tank for extra security.....

or you could have a pop up window appear on your computer screen asking if you really want to spray the gly... the screen that has your mapping and guidance system.

Wouldn't that be cool to have.

The only thing I was thinking...have a valve that would have to be turned on manually so if the switch was bumped is still couldn't pull product.

MrMow
08-09-2009, 02:18 PM
Rodney, yes I will be at the meeting on Thursday!
Hopefully we can see the machine in action. I have been concocting up a flood nozzle idea as well.
I'll look you up around the machines.

grassman177
08-09-2009, 04:48 PM
better have them double idiot proof that tank for gly with valves and such, you can always make a mistake, it happens.

sprayboy
08-09-2009, 10:19 PM
The only thing I was thinking...have a valve that would have to be turned on manually so if the switch was bumped is still couldn't pull product.

That would work also, just something to put the mind at ease.

A valve or switch is a whole lot cheaper than renovating a lawn.

rcreech
08-09-2009, 10:28 PM
That would work also, just something to put the mind at ease.

A valve or switch is a whole lot cheaper than renovating a lawn.

I agree!

Trust me...I don't and never will make a habit of carrying gly with me on a lawn anyway.

EVM
08-09-2009, 11:48 PM
I was just wondering...as usually when something is sticking out like that (especially plastic) it usually doesn't last long around here.

Not a bad idea...but I think I would look to put a guard or something around it to protect it from getting knocked off.

The front bumper on the machine will hit before the tips do. I want to do a lot of mods to this machine but I will not have the time to do it until the winter.

ZSpray Info
08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Sorry I wasn't in Friday. I took the day off to spend with my daughter as she starts school today.

Here's a quick pic of Rodney's 2 hose reels. I will get some pics up this afternoon of the almost completed machine.

grassman177
08-10-2009, 08:13 PM
nice, you guys are so darn cool

ZSpray Info
08-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Sorry for the delay. Here is Rodney's machine. That is Jules, our guard dog in front, making sure nobody gets to close.

Runner
08-12-2009, 06:14 PM
It needs a few more tanks, gidgets, and gadgets to go on it. Jeez, RCreech...I'm glad this is going to an experienced operator. A new applicator would be blown away with this machine. lol

RABBITMAN11
08-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Classes begin in the begining of september, how to operate Rod's Z-spray 101.
LOL Sweet set up, Got to be one of the coolest Ride ons out there. Don't get to excited making the big bucks with that Barbie dream machine.

turf hokie
08-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Wow, that is awesome, the only thing missing is the diagram on the dash of what the heck everything goes to.

Service 1st Lawn Care
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Real sweet

EVM
08-12-2009, 11:49 PM
Nice machine, you can carry the mother load of chem on that machine, very big unit. Now get back to work Z Spray guys; and design my fully functional 8 tip boom with dual pumps.

rcreech
08-13-2009, 10:05 PM
WOW is all I can say!

Got my new machine today after the OTF show and it rocks!

Brought it home tonight and played with it for about 5 minutes and it is not too bad to operate and figure out! It IS and WILL BE a totally production machine!

I will have to post some pretty cool pics!

Very excited and can't wait to use it!

foreplease
08-13-2009, 10:50 PM
Very nice. A small matter: I don't care for all the hose clamps.

rcreech
08-14-2009, 06:00 AM
Very nice. A small matter: I don't care for all the hose clamps.

Foreplease,

Why do they bother you? Just curious. :)

What would you recommend over using hose clamps?

foreplease
08-14-2009, 07:07 AM
I acknowledge there is probably a good reason they fastened everything the way they did. It just looks like too many opportunities to slice a finger or glove or snag something. The crimp on type clamps used in irrigation or professionally pressed on collar/band type would look and perform better IMO. Maybe quick couple everything.

It's a heck of a machine though.

Heidi J.
08-15-2009, 11:01 AM
WOW!!!! :drinkup:

Very impressive!

Thumbs UpRodney

grassman177
08-15-2009, 05:27 PM
that is very cool, i really like all the custom stuff, i wish i knew aobut all that when we ordered our max which was the first we ordered. still does everything we need.

RABBITMAN11
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Hey Rod I really don't like the black hose on the hose reel. I bet the black hose will get your gloves dirty!

rcreech
08-15-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey Rod I really don't like the black hose on the hose reel. I bet the black hose will get your gloves dirty!

Thank God I NEVER wear any gloves!!!!

We are strongly against using any PPE in our operation!!!!

:laugh:

ted putnam
08-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Sweet Machine there Rod! Congrats! Not something I'd turn an employee loose with any time soon, but...I'm sure an experienced hand such as yourself will do fine with all of those options. Not sure if you were one of those kids that always wanted a Transformer but you've gotten about as close to getting one as a person can get in the Lawn Industry. Have fun with it!