PDA

View Full Version : Tree Growth issue and help

prepferd
08-05-2009, 06:31 PM
I have 20 California Peppers along my front fence. They all get the same type fertilizer, the same water etc. 2 of them just refuse to grow at all. They stay green and are healthy. I have tested the ph in the soil and it is identical to the others.
Any suggestions.

Thanks

White Gardens
08-06-2009, 11:09 AM
I have 20 California Peppers along my front fence. They all get the same type fertilizer, the same water etc. 2 of them just refuse to grow at all. They stay green and are healthy. I have tested the ph in the soil and it is identical to the others.
Any suggestions.

Thanks

There is a possibility that your PH, or soil is off lower in the ground where the tap roots for the trees are.

You might want to dig down a little deeper and see what the soil is like and maybe have a soil test done.

Think Green
08-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Since the Schinus Molle is tollerated in most Arid conditions of Xeriscapes, I would think that they may be overwatered and overfertilized in those areas. The pH ranges for this tree is acidic or alkalinic. Prefers drier conditions. This species of tree has immense surface running root zones, so I don't think going too deep will tell you much other than if you are applying too much fertilizer.