PDA

View Full Version : Please take off the

Hogjaw
08-05-2009, 10:17 PM
application that appears each time I sign in.

I already filled it out twice.

It is cold in the winter, right?

lawnspecialties
08-05-2009, 10:49 PM
:laugh::laugh: I second that.

Jason Rose
08-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Application? I'm missing something I guess...

Runner
08-06-2009, 12:13 AM
I must be missing it too.

Josh.S
08-06-2009, 02:44 AM
Application? I'm missing something I guess...

I must be missing it too.

There is some survey that keeps popping up for me (and obviously some others) when I sign in. It is the pain in the ass.

Stupid.

NIXRAY
08-06-2009, 02:56 AM
yeah come on MODS....filled it out twice

RigglePLC
08-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Me too--getting tired of that information about you sign in form.

mictrik
08-06-2009, 08:51 AM
The form is a pain...

Jason Rose
08-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I guess I never "sign off" because I don't have to sign in when I get on the next day or whenever.

kirk1701
08-06-2009, 09:09 AM
I got it once and clicked no or cancel or something (didn't have time) and I have not seen it again :laugh:

txgrassguy
08-06-2009, 09:46 AM
I see it one more time and I'm not returning - Period.
It's bullshit like this that ruins a decent forum.

kirk1701
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Don't see what you all are complaining about, I've seen it one time.

Suggestion; check "remember me" when you log in and don't log out does exit by closing the browser.

And don't clear your cookies :drinkup:

chrisby316
08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
yeah that doesnt work if you log on from different computers throughout the day.

mictrik
08-06-2009, 09:27 PM

Suggestion; check "remember me" when you log in and don't log out does exit by closing the browser.

This may be because your browser is retaining the cookies from this site while the rest of us have it set to delete cookies for privacy/safety reasons. I find it a bit of annoyance and hope that they deactivate it.

Hogjaw
08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Now why should the burden be put on me to do what you mentioned?

If they asked for information, upload it and be done with it or don't ask for it.

The application is to continue our free magazine subscription which I have certainly enjoyed and look forward to receiving.

kirk1701
08-07-2009, 01:11 AM
This may be because your browser is retaining the cookies from this site while the rest of us have it set to delete cookies for privacy/safety reasons. I find it a bit of annoyance and hope that they deactivate it.

That's true, didn't think about those of you who are using different PC/laptops :)

Someone say free magazine?

Where?

hughmcjr
08-07-2009, 06:18 AM
Now why should the burden be put on me to do what you mentioned?

If they asked for information, upload it and be done with it or don't ask for it.

The application is to continue our free magazine subscription which I have certainly enjoyed and look forward to receiving.

Umm and from another perspective why is it a burden? You come here voluntarily. You can do as he suggested which is what I do for about a half dozen different forums. I think the bigger burden is or would be to have to sign in and out of the forums every time, especially since I frequent them sometimes dozens of times a day. It is not like signing in and out of internet banking or credit card sites or sites where you really have vulnerable info and have security concerns, which is why after so many minutes those sites will auto log you out/off. That is my take unless I am missing something?

Actually I thought most people stayed signed onto forums and sites like this. :confused: It isn't signing onto the net like it was back in the day with modems, you are already on the net.

Hogjaw
08-07-2009, 07:34 PM
From another perspective, why not update the requested info, therefore the application can be removed..........a simple perspective.

hughmcjr
08-08-2009, 01:32 AM
From another perspective, why not update the requested info, therefore the application can be removed..........a simple perspective.

I agree and you are right, they could update etc. End of that discussion but it does directly relate to the following question.

It is simpler to sign in and out every time you come to the forum?

RigglePLC
08-08-2009, 11:54 AM
Filled it out again--and it still came back. yuck!

kirk1701
08-08-2009, 02:26 PM
Filled it out again--and it still came back. yuck!

I'm missing out on all this :drinkup:

I signed out, I rebooted, I cleared cookies and temp files, logged back in and still no forms :cry:

bx24
08-09-2009, 02:08 PM
I clear all with Ccleaner (temp, cookies, cache etc) and I get it everytime..

Annoying as all hell..Another change on upper level.

americanlawn
08-09-2009, 04:49 PM
No skin off our back. We figure it's a good way to update their system. 4 of my 8 applicators use our company's name to post. This site is free, and all of us appreciate this. What's 30 seconds or so? No big deal.

Hogjaw
08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
Read original thread,

No skin off our back. We figure it's a good way to update their system. 4 of my 8 applicators use our company's name to post. This site is free, and all of us appreciate this. What's 30 seconds or so? No big deal.

mictrik
10-18-2009, 09:11 AM
Still the banner, if you are privacy and/or security conscious, have your browser set to delete cookies then you will see it every time you visit. I find it very annoying...

Hogjaw
10-18-2009, 08:25 PM
Still the banner, if you are privacy and/or security conscious, have your browser set to delete cookies then you will see it every time you visit. I find it very annoying...

Evidently, they don't know how to get it off now they put it on.

mictrik
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I can't believe that this annoying banner is still running???

Hogjaw
02-22-2010, 08:28 PM
Have written administrator - but no response. Priority must be low!

mictrik
02-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Have written administrator - but no response. Priority must be low!

Yeah, well give him time to respond. I sure he will as it would be rather rude to ignore your E-mail... This banner is very annoying especially to anyone who employs basic security with their browser...

CrazyBlonde
02-23-2010, 02:28 AM
They can correct the problem very easily by having the form say:

"Join Now if you are NEW"

AND

"Already a member? Sign In"

---then provide a sign in spot ON THE FORM

CrazyBlonde
02-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Best thing to do for now until they fix it is;

Click the "Not at this Time" box at the bottom right of the form.

The screen will clear, and now you can go to the top right of the page and log in.

Jason Rose
02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I don't know how my computer is different, but I never see the survey thing... I did the first couple days it showd up, months ago, and then again when I was in florida and I connected my laptop to my brothers wifi. But then it was just once and never again the whole time I was there. I clear my cookies and internet cache once in a while, and never see the survey after that either... I guess I'm either lucky or my computers are actually messed up?

mictrik
02-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Well, having a sign on spot on the form would be better but i think a buttoned link for the form on the main page would be best.

I am surprised that Jason Rose is not getting the banner after clearing the cookies. I would check to see if the cookies are really being cleared.

CrazyBlonde
02-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Well, having a sign on spot on the form would be better but I think a buttoned link for the form on the main page would be best.

I am surprised that Jason Rose is not getting the banner after clearing the cookies. I would check to see if the cookies are really being cleared.

I vote for that idea! A button link for the newbies is the BEST idea yet. It should be convenient for the members, They are the ones supporting the site and it's sponsors. Or, when the newbie clicks a forum post, they could have a pop-up inviting them to join.

I cleared my cookies at the top of my browser, but it really didn't completely clear them. I had to go to my CONTROL PANEL then to INTERNET OPTIONS - BROWSING HISTORY - COOKIES and TEMPORARY FILES to really get them cleared.

Michael J. Donovan
02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
if you fill out the survey, or choose not too, then the survey will not appear on the screen again...however, if you clear the cookies then it will appear again

Hogjaw
02-23-2010, 02:55 PM
It's my understanding COOKIES is supposed to be cleared periodically.

Is this not true?

mictrik
02-23-2010, 05:12 PM
if you fill out the survey, or choose not too, then the survey will not appear on the screen again...however, if you clear the cookies then it will appear again

I understand, however it is prudent for those who surf the web to regularly delete cookies. Some cookies could be Mal-intended and thus grab user information that should remain private. My browser continually deletes cookies so I continually see the banner. Would it be allot of trouble to have this banner set to come up via clicking a large button?

Hogjaw
08-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Ever who is in charge -

Please give update. Nothing has changed.

ant
08-08-2010, 12:47 PM
ya i know its a pain but it out weights the usefulness on this message forum . i been on here since day (2000) one and its helped tremendously !

mictrik
09-17-2010, 03:43 AM
Wish someone would listen... Who runs this site is it Sean Adams? The person must be able to come up with a better option. The form stinks!

ajslands
09-17-2010, 10:52 AM
The mods won't see this! Maybe you should have put it it the right form! Then they'll actaully read it.
Posted via Mobile Device

LoweJ82
09-17-2010, 12:11 PM
I agree what a pita for those of us who delete cookies rather than letting them build up,

it takes me longer to scroll up to the box and click w/e box exits the survey, Ive filled it out over and over.............

it takes me less time to sign in each time than it does to get around this survey deal.