PDA

View Full Version : Business

acamp53472
08-06-2009, 12:04 AM
Does anyone have experience of owning a lawn business as well as working full time? I've been a full time P.E. teacher for 7 years but started a lawn business about 2 years ago. I've had as many as 20 accounts last summer and now have about 10. Is this turnover normal? I think I do good work but I've lost accounts due to all kinds of reasons. Most cancel due to either a bad communication about an invoice, canceling service in the winter, or just not satisfied with the work. I'm thinking of expanding a little and having a two man crew run the business when I return back to my full time job teaching in a few weeks. I'm getting tired of cutting grass every single Saturday for the last 2 years. Of course if teachers got paid what they deserve I wouldn't be having this discussion.

LouisianaLawnboy
08-06-2009, 01:55 AM
I'm going to be blunt. You need to work on your quality. Some turnover is necessary, but usually isn't related to anything you said. More like moving, can't afford, relative is doing it. So if I'm you I'm not going nowhere until I get the quality up.
Posted via Mobile Device