PDA

View Full Version : Kombi system on trailer racks?

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
08-06-2009, 10:30 AM
Does anyone carry their Kombi machines around on trailer racks? If so how does it hold up?

Obviously you could only carry around 1 attachment attached to the powerhead...

I went to the shop yesterday to price out a FC95 and a HL100(135) and he was dead set of selling me the Kombi system instead.

hackitdown
08-06-2009, 10:51 AM
Does anyone carry their Kombi machines around on trailer racks? If so how does it hold up?

Obviously you could only carry around 1 attachment attached to the powerhead...

I went to the shop yesterday to price out a FC95 and a HL100(135) and he was dead set of selling me the Kombi system instead.

I do it daily, usually using the Kombi as a trimmer. I just replaced 2 of the little plastic spacer things on the end of the attachments for $5 ea, but other than that, no problems.

lickliss
08-06-2009, 10:54 AM
We have 2 FS110 Kombi and a FS55. Three place Trimmer Trap. We keep the 110's in the bottom two positions as they are heavier. We put the hand grip in the rack arm to guarantee no rotation. No issues over 3 seasons. The 110's are super and I would say the Trimmer Trap is the second best investment we've made. The gate assist spring is without doubt the best. The guy who sold me the trailer said I'd say that someday too.

TurtleCreekL&L42
08-06-2009, 11:01 AM
I have a FS 90 kombi system with the edgar attachment on it and it does absolutely fine. sometimes i forget its a kombi system cause i keep it on so much. It never loosens up

Travis E
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Never a problem here either, I have the power sweep attachment but I have not been brave enough to put it in my racks as its reavy and I'm affraid it would do some damage. But the edger attachment in the kombi all the time does fine!

TPS
08-07-2009, 07:42 PM
I was wondering the same thing about my Echo PAS, i was worried about it coming in half and shattering all over the road. Glad you guys haven't had any problems. Guess I will install my rack tomorrow.