PDA

View Full Version : I think my dealer ruined my product, how should I settle it?

soloscaperman
08-07-2009, 01:45 AM
I know the rich people on lawnsite and the dealer guys are gonna blame me but listen.

I have a Husqvarna 223L and I brought it to service because I knew the carbs needed an adjustment. Got it brand new since March 2008.Well he said he adjusted the carbs and weed wacked the whole side of the building which there was a lot of tall thick crap. Ever since I got it it would make this ching noise and not even using 3-5 hours since it got fixed today it would run crappy and I noticed the clutch was toast and the head would move and once you stopped the head it would stall out! Then when you start it it would move the head and never start. You would have to start the trimmer in the air so there was no load on the head of the trimmer for it to start( took about 50 tries. But when you pull it the head spins!!

I need it for tomorrow and they better give me a Free loaner while its getting worked on for Free.

If I make no sense it's prolly bec it 2AM. I only with the dealer like 5 times total in 2 years but when he said with a funny voice "ohh I weed wacked the wholeeeeeeeeeeee side of the place" I knew he pushed the trimmer to the limit.

Think Green
08-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Solo,

I have been in your shoes a couple times before, yet it seems like the dealer may have done their chore of readjusting the carb. However, with them using your unit to cut their property, isn't uncommon when they are checking the units power. It is customary for me to check the unit out before leaving!! If the thing made any odd noise or clangey tones, they would get to redo their work. It sounds like they threw the clutch out!!!
The two clutch pads are either grabbing or one is sheared. They aren't difficult to install at all....
I would mandate that they reinspect the unit and repair it.........

It is hard for me to tell you what to do, but a little bit of diplomacy would go far in the first run........ If they are reluctant to working with you on the repair, then try to negotiate in a different manner. Not a physical manner, just use your tact if possible.
Personally, I would have went off the rocker, if I knew that they used my unit to cut something that should have been brush-hogged.!! Seriously!! That is like putting an Echo SRM-230 in brush that is over 14 inches tall, it will cut it but the unit can't take that abuse for long.

humble1
08-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Probably not that they ruined the clutch it was probably on its way out anyway almost 2 years old and using it commercially.