PDA

View Full Version : trailer hitches

I MOW ALONE
08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
need to put a hitch on my truck and was wondering if anyone knows which brand is better between u haul and hidden hitch? i can get them for same price. thanks

93Chevy
08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
I had a Hidden Hitch on my old truck. Class III. On my new truck, I have a Reese class V. Between those two brands, I would buy Hidden Hitch, but overall I would prefer a Reese.

But really though, it's just a hunk of metal. And no matter what brand, it better not fail. Just don't exceed the weight limit.

MarcSmith
08-07-2009, 01:35 PM
nice thing about Uh-haul is that they can install them pretty quick. even though most say no drilling. 9x out of 10 you gotta end up drilling.

Gravel Rat
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
What brand and size of truck are you putting the hitch on. Some trucks with hydroformed frames you can't drill them.

If you have a jap crap truck get one that is supposed to fit that truck one that uses existing holes.

If you have a conventional C frame truck its okay to drill.

seabee1
08-07-2009, 05:55 PM
:waving:u-haul gets from every body drawtite,reese,hidden hitch, ect what ever is cheaper and available they put u-haul sticker's on them at the factory's .i know i used to sell them ,when a drawtite load came in it could have reese,hidden hitch ,or drawtite ,they asked if you accepted substations .when it comes down to it it's what will fit with the least amount of farting around,and what you are willing to pay .but i personally like drawtite . :confused:

Horsepower Lawns
08-07-2009, 06:51 PM
Cequent Towing ownes most hitch companys now.
"Cequent draws upon a 75-year old heritage of superior towing and trailer brands - Draw-Tite, Reese, Fulton, Wesbar, Bulldog, Highland, Hidden Hitch, Bargman, ROLA and Tekonsha. Cequent employs approximately 2,070 associates."
http://www.cequentgroup.com/
http://www.towingproducts.com/
So they are the same hitch with a different sticker and price tag.

DO NOT LET U-HAUL INSTALL YOUR HITCH. I work at a trailer/ hitch place and we have fixed way to many U-Haul installs. They leave bolts out, put in the wrong stuff, ect. We have also fixed their wiring jobs. One of the U-Hauls here "installed" a flat 4 plug on a van by pushing the wiring in a hole. Thats it, they just pushed it in the hole in the body and told the lady it worked.

seabee1
08-07-2009, 07:02 PM
doitto on the no u-haul install we saw our share of screw up's to !!:hammerhead:

I MOW ALONE
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
well it is going on my jeep grand cherokee only to be used as a backup if my truck ever goes down. anyway i ordered the hidden hitch. thanks for the info

sslopok
08-09-2009, 09:55 PM
I got the dodge one from the dealership for $100 to put on my 07 Dodge Ram. I put it on in about 15 minutes. Bolted right up. It was scary fishing the bolts the bolts through the frame with their little wire contraption though.
sslopok

STIHL GUY
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM
its not too hard to install a hitch yourself