PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Wall

Krafty
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Just finished up a job the other week using Keystone Compact three way blocks. Im not a big fan of the pins system but what the customer wanted. Wall was about 100 foot of straight then a 90 degree turn for about 10 feet. Has anybody used the three way blocks and the three way beveled caps?? The straight looks good you can off set the caps about two inches forward and it looks great. The turns though the joints start to line up bad, and with the beveled face you can not cut any off of the front edge of the block. Has anyone run into this problem?? What did you do?? Here is a pictur of how it turned out.

STL Ponds and Waterfalls
08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
Looks good from here. I'm not a fan of the 3 way caps at all. I'll only use straight caps and pretty much only like straight face block as well, but that's not alway's my choice. What area is that in? It looks like Affton or south city area.

Krafty
08-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Looks good from here. I'm not a fan of the 3 way caps at all. I'll only use straight caps and pretty much only like straight face block as well, but that's not alway's my choice. What area is that in? It looks like Affton or south city area.

This was actually a job that a contractor walked off of I'm guessing he got in way over his head. When we got there all we had to do was excavate, build and finish grade. I'm not a fan of the three way blocks at all I think the straight face looks so much better. But grossed $18 a sq ft. tear out was done and material was there so I was extremely pleased and the customer was also. It is in Crestwood near Big Bend and Sappington.

Here are a few more pics.

jake22si
07-12-2010, 11:22 PM
where did you put the drainage in the wall?

Krafty
07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Perf pipe was installed behind the wall and run out to daylight. Why do you ask???