PDA

View Full Version : Id on aerator

JConner
08-07-2009, 09:13 PM
im not sure what brad this is a friend of mine finds equipment for me and this came up and im not sure about it any help would be nice i also would like to know if you can chang it from the slicer to a core plugger

JConner
08-07-2009, 09:23 PM
here is the pic

SangerLawn
08-08-2009, 06:18 AM
That looks more like an old time power seeder not an aerator. Does it look like there is a place on it to put a hopper to hold seed?

Jason Rose
08-08-2009, 09:06 AM
That's an older, much older, bluebird slicer. No, there's no seedbox on those, you spread the seed then run that over once or twice. Someone painted it, poorly...

Ok, I say it's a slicer, but without seeing underneath you can't tell. What type of reel does it have on it? Is it solid knives or are they knives that are hanging loose from a shaft? The first is your slicer and the second is a power rake.

No, you can't convert this machine into a core aerator.

JConner
08-08-2009, 05:10 PM
its got the the solid blades does anyone wnat to buy it i think the guy wants 125 for it not sure if that is worth it i really want a plg aerator so if anyone has a older one

SangerLawn
08-08-2009, 08:04 PM
You will make more money with that doing over seeding then you will with an aerator. Well, if I am understanding what it is correctly. I have a blue bird power seeder and I paid well over $1,000 for it. look at it like this, aerate a lawn then seed your looking at around $300.00 for your average small lawn and you will only get about 60% germination from the seed. Using a power seeder for the same size lawn you are looking at $500-$600 and you will germinate around 85% of your seed.

Jason Rose
08-08-2009, 08:06 PM
My question, about Florida, do people do aeration much there? I know it's mostly sand. Of course where you are in the state would have different soils.

JConner
08-09-2009, 01:06 AM
people are starting to get into but tru grren started it i think it is helping a lot of the yards around here and i have some customers asking me if i will do it but i dont really know about all that renting