PDA

View Full Version : What is this weed....

milike
08-08-2009, 12:34 PM
What is this weed?

I am finding it in teh lawn and flower beds...some type of clover that is very resistant. *trucewhiteflag*

Help with identifying it.

kirk1701
08-08-2009, 01:04 PM
Looks like old fashion clover.

http://www.msuturfweeds.net/details/_/white_clover_28

Will also come with those white flowers on it. A shot of weed B gone will say bye bye to your problem.

Could also be Creeping Woodsorrel
http://www.msuturfweeds.net/details/_/creeping_woodsorrel_57

Blood Bought
08-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Creeping Wood Sorrel

milike
08-08-2009, 01:34 PM
Creeping Wood Sorrel

thanks

that's it!!

now for the attack:hammerhead:

Think Green
08-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Woodsorrel it is----------and customers will go to nurseries and buy this weed and plant it in their gardens. Then pay someone to remove it later. LOL!! Just kidding!- this weed is beautiful in the right place, and once it spreads to other areas, it is a pain in the neck.
It does spread though!!!!!
We are having a severe outbreak of Green Kyllinga here.........it is taking over like crazy.
Stinks to high heaven's when you mow it. Similar to nutsedge but a clumping form of weed.

lawnguy26
08-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Yellow woodsorrel....it's tough to kill because of it's waxy coating liquid herbicides have a tendency to bead up and fall right off of it. Make sure you use a good surfactant or sticker.

Blood Bought
08-09-2009, 04:07 PM
We are having a severe outbreak of Green Kyllinga here.........it is taking over like crazy.
Stinks to high heaven's when you mow it. Similar to nutsedge but a clumping form of weed.

What's the best way to control Green Kyllinga in cool season grass. Sedge Hammer only suppresses.

greendoctor
08-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Dismiss. Sedgehammer is virtually useless against Kyllinga species. I know this from years of experience. I use Certainty, but I only treat warm season grasses and Dismiss is illegal here. Do not use Certainty in cool season grasses unless it is or your goal is to convert to 100% KBG.