PDA

View Full Version : Pond with washed out banks

CowboysLawnCare
08-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I got a call from a HOA president the other day. In the subdivision, They have one pond out of 6 that is getting major washouts on the banks. They wanted me to spread the dirt on the banks enough to stop the eroding and plant some grass. I'm going to subcontract the work to a guy with a dozer. What would be the best to put down after everything is even. Should I put down sod or get it hydroseeded?

ed2hess
08-08-2009, 03:50 PM
You might be a little cautious on this job. If there is a city/county inspector involved they want thing done a certain way. If you get a big dozer in there and cut up a bunch of stuff then it will all have to be leveled and re-sodded immediately. This mean constant watering to get it established and that isn't easy when you are in the middle of the summer. We try to miminze any damage to the sod that is already established.

CowboysLawnCare
08-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Thats the thing, No grass "took", thats why it is getting washed out so bad. All of the other ponds in the Sub. don't have this problem. Thats why i need to get some grass growing quick after everything is level.

CowboysLawnCare
08-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Also, The bank is very steep. The water level won't be rising to the point where the back yards are level to the water. It has a bank about 10ft. long from the top to the water.

djagusch
08-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I would use some erosion blankets with seed built in it. I would factor reworking some of it in the bid. If it washes out before the seed is established they will want it redone.