PDA

View Full Version : Season update

coqui landscaping
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM
hey guys,

Just wondering how is everybody''s season going so far ?? mine is going alright some ups and down but getting better by the week suprisingly:)

MJS
08-09-2009, 04:34 PM
My season has been great so far - been busier than ever before.
I'm still picking up a customer or two here and there, and I really haven't lost any this year.

Surprising drop-off in landscape jobs/new plantings/garden design this year. . . Probably has something to do with the economy.

Still, I have very little to complain about. . .after 8 years, you kinda get a rhythm for the ups and downs during the year.

dwight1moore
08-09-2009, 06:30 PM
So far in my first year i have had up to 17 lawns. Some lawns have been coming and going though because they are houses for sale and realtor's have us mow them and once they are sold the people that buy them decide to do them theirselves. We are still getting new calls each week so i'd say things are going pretty well. Im already making bigger plans for next year :D

coqui landscaping
08-09-2009, 10:00 PM
thats what i am doing too this was my first year but next yr is going to be good learning everyday thats whats all about.......

SangerLawn
08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
To be honest I am shocked how this year is shaping up. The first month of mowing we lost 21 lawns because of customers loosing there jobs. We replaced them with other customers but then about 3 weeks ago my old customers started calling me back saying they found work again. Not all 21 customers came back yet but we are way ahead of where I thought we would be with the economy, I believe this is one of if not the best year we had.

coqui landscaping
08-09-2009, 11:59 PM
To be honest I am shocked how this year is shaping up. The first month of mowing we lost 21 lawns because of customers loosing there jobs. We replaced them with other customers but then about 3 weeks ago my old customers started calling me back saying they found work again. Not all 21 customers came back yet but we are way ahead of where I thought we would be with the economy, I believe this is one of if not the best year we had.

sounds good man !

White Gardens
08-10-2009, 12:55 AM
It's been more of a roller coaster ride this year. Lots of ups and downs. I'm getting through well, but not as well as I had hoped.

I've had a lot of inquires, designs, and consults, but it seems like everyone is afraid to spend money this year. Thank god I'm charging for the designs.

Only bonus is that when and if things improve (which they seem to be) I'll have these people coming back to finally do installs.

vanncann
08-10-2009, 10:04 AM
Picking up bussiness every week and have not lost any sence spring. Then I had several die, first time I had that many die in one year.

Sweet Tater
08-10-2009, 07:58 PM
things going pretty ok in Ms too, still picking up a customer or two, lot my best commercial account due to the economy but I've made up half of what I lost on new residentials.