PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Wraps

Elite Outdoor
08-09-2009, 06:27 PM
Does anyone use vehicle wraps for holiday lighting? If so what has been the response, does it generate alot of calls? I'm looking to get this done, but before I did I wanted to get some feedback on whether its worth it. And what kind of price (ballpark) should I expect to pay? Thanks

David Gretzmier
08-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Tulsa- You're just a couple of hours away from me. That almost makes us neighbors.

I have full color graphics on all 4 sides on 4 out of 6 vehicles we use for Christmas lights and landscape lighting. I would say it generates about 1/3 of our annual new sales. cost wise a full wrap depends on your vehicle. I have gotten quotes of 1800 to 3500 to do the true full vehicle wrap. I did large photo graphics and 3m reflective lettering for words and numbers. costwise this was a bit easier for me to swallow at 800-1200 per vehicle.

This year I am trying an ebay company on the 14 foot fiberglass boxvan, and bought the UV gloss coated vinyl, 4 foot tall by 12 foot long, for 160 per side, at 720dpi resolution, which is very fine, almost photo quality even from 1 foot away. but then I have to put it on, and I may very well screw that up. I also bought a 150 foot long by 9 inch tall roll of 3m reflective vinyl, for the lower part of the boxvan ( I'll do 18-27 inches tall on that), the rear roll up door, and the airshield in front, for 120 bucks. I will then have a local company put some black lettering on that for phone numbers and words, sort of a reverse reflective effect. costwise total I am hoping to do the boxvan for less than a grand.

motox391
08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
make sure you post up pictures when you done man- sounds like it will look really cool

Elite Outdoor
08-18-2009, 08:22 PM
I looked into it, and its more money than I am willing to invest this year. I am instead going to to the vinyl lettering, which will run me about $400 or less. I don't feel as bab about removing $400 in lettering as I would removing a $3000 wrap. Last year, I did they lettering on my back windows, and back door windows on my pickup and it brought in almost $6000 in work. Not to bad for $220.

Raven386
08-18-2009, 09:01 PM
Check if you have a "Sign-A-Rama" in your area. They were pretty fair priced when I had my vinyls made and good quality product.

David Gretzmier
08-21-2009, 07:06 PM
I'd also consider doing a photo with some lettering, not really a true wrap, but give it some color.