PDA

View Full Version : Billy Goat Loaders

MnGreen
08-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Do the BG loaders shred as well as load if they are not the new DL models.
The HTR I'm looking at and want to know if this Heavy application model can consume a bottle or can now and then, and how much mass reduction they actually provide.

2low4NH
08-10-2009, 01:48 PM
not sure on the newer ones but mine shreds as it loads and it makes a huge differnce. it shreds 3-1 if not more almost turns whole leaves to dust. it has an impeller on the hose side that cuts them up as they pass through.

baddboygeorge
08-25-2009, 07:26 PM
especially with the new impellar design,

Mr. Force™, Billy Goat Industries
08-26-2009, 11:05 AM
The impeller is made of 3/8 inch Armor plate steel. It's spinning at 3600 RPM. If the leaves are dry your going to get 12:1 reduction with dust coming out the other end. If the leaves are wet or moist they are more flexible your reduction will be less. However, because they will weigh more they will compact themselves well in the trailer.

The other variable is what type of leaves. Live Oaks are like 1/2 dollar fish scales and are tough to reduce. Magnolias are the similar. Sycamore, Red Oak, and Maple are relatively thin and reduce well.

In short, you'll be very pleased with the performance, durability, and debris reduction. Ask for a demo and let the product speak for itself.

Let me know if you have any other questions.