PDA

View Full Version : Hand pruners

coolbrze
08-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Looking at buying another set of hand pruners, what are the best quality hand pruners for commercial work that you recommend?

Az Gardener
08-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I have used and bought for my guys everything from the cheapest $7 HD Bronco pruners to the $90 Felco with the ergonomic rotating handle and different spring selections sized for your hand. The guys always come back to the 3/4 " cut Corona here is a link http://www.gemplers.com/product/C316/Corona-Commercial-grade-Pruner Bulletproof.

mowerdude777
08-10-2009, 11:27 PM
I got a pruner stihl for 13 bucks earlier this year after breaking my 3rd set of $hity pruners, and all I can say is WOW, these are the best pruners ever and are worth it by far

Stillwater
08-10-2009, 11:48 PM
Corona..........

STIHL GUY
08-11-2009, 12:10 AM
i just use cheap lowes pruners. they work fine

modedicebox
08-11-2009, 12:34 AM
I have used and bought for my guys everything from the cheapest $7 HD Bronco pruners to the $90 Felco with the ergonomic rotating handle and different spring selections sized for your hand. The guys always come back to the 3/4 " cut Corona here is a link http://www.gemplers.com/product/C316/Corona-Commercial-grade-Pruner Bulletproof.

My guy and I use these almost everyday and love them! Bulletproof for sure.

Gold Star Lawns
08-11-2009, 12:44 AM
felco in my opinion is the best.....felco classic #2....will never buy anything different. I also carry the #13 pruner/lopper and #20...short handed lopper. I use these every single day. I will probably get the big loppers before its said and done. Nothing compares to them. I have had the Corona and personally dislike them. The piece that holds the pruners closed always breaks and gets in the way as well.

RedMaple Lawns
08-16-2009, 07:15 AM
I use Corona and for the price can't complain. The lock does get a little annoying but at least I'm not having to close the blades all the time. They make good tree saws also. Say, $30-40 for the pruners though? Not a bad deal.

tamadrummer
08-16-2009, 07:19 AM
Don't discount Fiskars brand pruners, shears, and loppers. They are all excellent and come with lifetime warranties.

I don't know if commercial use is supposed to be covered but I have not had to purchase another set since buying these. When they break, I take the back to HD or Lowes and get a brand new set to replace the one that broke.

JNyz
08-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Felco's all the way.

Runner
08-16-2009, 02:15 PM
I use Fiskars. They maintain a good edge and perform well. The short hand pruners I have have the black foam handle with the orange inlay. They are the bypass type, since this is what I prefer.

Dstosh
08-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Another vote for felco's. I use #11. Smilar to #2. All the parts are replaceable and easy to do so.

ElephantNest
08-16-2009, 05:01 PM
Felcos here too, but also have coronas and fiskars, a toro, and some other brands.

The Felcos are the most comfortable, and have the least amount of abuse to the hand with extended use.

The Coronas are my "go to" pair for cutting trimmer line, small branches, and generally light, short work, but they are rough on the hand compared to the Felcos. But for the price, can't be beaten, especially for employees to use.