PDA

View Full Version : New to the fertilization/weed control industry

CK82
08-11-2009, 01:45 AM
Sorry for the inexperienced questions. I currently am running a Zero turn mower with a Spyker electric spreader on the front and a 25 gal. sprayer on the back. I currently use Surge as my weed control product and havent been seeing very good results. We have a lot of nutsedge/sedge? and dandelion, and creeping charlie and violets along with various others. Can anyone give me some advice that would help me out here. I know every lawn is different but should I be mixing liquid products to control these various weeds?

I spot treat as much as possible with my wand sprayer, but quite a few yards I do need a blanket application. It varies but I seem to be use approximately 40gal./acre. with the sprayer set at about 40psi minimum.

Any relative advice would help!

Thank you,
Chris

DA Quality Lawn & YS
08-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Boy you just named 3 very hard to control weeds - nutsedge, creeping charlie, and wild violet. I have had decent luck with Momemtum FX2 on creeping charlie - 2 apps necessary. You may have to look at an ester product for that violet, lucky for you fall is coming and with it cooler temps for which to use such a product.

CK82
08-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Does anyone mix products or is that asking for burn? I havent had much luck with Surge, the temps generally have ranged from 70-85 degrees Farenheit. Please any advice would help.

CK82
08-12-2009, 02:28 AM
Do you guys mix on site, since there are so many variations of lawns and weeds? Are there extra charges associated with controlling the difficult weeds as I mentioned above?

Thank you,
Chris