PDA

View Full Version : how im goin to start advantec lawn care

ADVANTEC LAWNS
08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
hi yall prolly remember me from my old account deereboy14 , well i forgot my old password to my email adress so i opened a new account ( advantec lawns) , lets move on to how im goin to start, i go to a semi privete school from 8-2 ,but the teacher lets you leave at noon if you want , sooooo, this is what im thinkin bout doin , is leavein at 12, stop by my house, hook up my trailer , go to mcd. get some lunch , gas up my gear , and try to get at least 3-4 yards done per day , doin mowin ,trimming, blowing, edging

thanks advantec lawns

BeSeenGraphics
08-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Glad to have you here! I love the name. It's got a nice ring to it!

ADVANTEC LAWNS
08-11-2009, 01:17 PM
thanks ,hey how should i start advertising

BeSeenGraphics
08-11-2009, 01:48 PM
thanks ,hey how should i start advertising

I would get some lettering, some business cards, some shirts, and some door hangers. Find out what others in your area are charging. Then go out knocking on doors being ready to bid. Be careful not to underbid yourself or your services. This is not good for the industry. Get what you're worth and most of all...earn it.

You could even offer some yard sign promotions too. Offer a discount to leave yard signs out on the weekends. Oh yeah...you'd need some yard signs too.

Newspaper ads can good if you can get a good enough deal on them and they serve the right area. Flyers are great. Leave them in every place that has a cork board on the wall.

Advertising on your truck is huge in many ways. When you go to the mall or wherever, park out at the edge of the parking lot where everybody on the way in can see your sign. Make the longer walk, it's worth it.

Letter your trailer.

I could go on and on.

In September, I will be posting a lot about this kind of stuff and promotion ideas to help improve business.

ADVANTEC LAWNS
08-11-2009, 02:45 PM
:confused:my dad owns a hardware store , u think the front counter would be a good place for a flyer

ADVANTEC LAWNS
08-11-2009, 05:04 PM
should i get a enclosed trailer r open trailer?

Ben's Landscape
08-18-2009, 10:13 PM
That would be a great place for a flyer. Inclosed and open trailers have there perks to them. Inclosed will keep the equipment dry and locked up. But they are more expensive.
Open trailers do not keep the equipment dry and it can be stolen easly. But they are cheaper. And you can use them for shrubs,mulch,loam etc.

Good luck. Cant wait to see some pics of your equipment.