PDA

View Full Version : Turflon Ester

Falcon50EX
08-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I can not find Turflon any help would be great. I have call Lesco and the local farm store any other ideas. I would like to mix it with Fusilade II to control bermudagrass in zoysiagrass.

Thanks

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
08-11-2009, 07:29 PM
I can not find Turflon any help would be great. I have call Lesco and the local farm store any other ideas. I would like to mix it with Fusilade II to control bermudagrass in zoysiagrass.

Thanks

There are some online chem suppliers that sell it. It is pretty expensive, as it comes in a 2.5 gal jug from Dow. Usually about $350

You may have some luck finding a generic version in a smaller bottle, if you don't need that much. (Triclopyr ester)

cpa4t9r
08-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Southern States Co-Ops around here have the Hi-Yield brand which you can get in a pint size that isn't too pricey (especially relative to the Fusillade).

Amazon has a pint for $50.

Falcon50EX
08-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Southern States Co-Ops around here have the Hi-Yield brand which you can get in a pint size that isn't too pricey (especially relative to the Fusillade).

Amazon has a pint for $50.

What is the name of the Hi-Yield and is it the same %?

RigglePLC
08-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Ortho has 8 percent triclopyr as Ortho Chickweed, Clover, Oxalis Killer. Their Poison ivy Killer is about the same. As is Ortho Brush B Gone.

Jason Rose
08-12-2009, 09:49 PM
I buy the Turflon Ester in he Hi-Yield brand as well. Pint for about $35 I think... From a local nursery/garden center. I'd have to shuffle out to the shop to see what the % of ai. it is.

I mix mine with Acclaim, and providing I get the rate just right, it works awesome on bermuda in fescue. I found that the high rate is the way to go, and dosn't seem to damage the cool season turf.

Falcon50EX
08-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Thanks for all the info, I will look into them. This is what makes this site so useful to all. :usflag:

mikecrom83
08-24-2009, 03:01 PM

Thanks

I just found a product also named turflon ester. It is from a California company called Monterey. It has the same exact ingredients as the turflon ester of dowagrosciences. Way cheaper though. You can get it off amazon, a pint for like 35 bucks!