PDA

View Full Version : Buying an enclosed trailer???

Lawnchitect
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Who has a good place to get a quality enclosed 7x16 trailer, reasonably? I've been researching it and trailer dealers have such a heavy mark-up. Their price vs. say.. e-bay prices are close to $1500 difference. Does anyone know an intelligent way to go about this?

LB1234
08-11-2009, 08:32 PM
make sure you are comaring apples apples. Electric brakes, drop axles, dovetail, sheathing size, axle ratings, etc. can make a HUGE difference in price.

whitebp1
08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
check out the truc and trilaer section of this forum i posted several links in other treads there of places i am shopping for trailers.

Young Cutter
08-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Just keep your eyes open to craigslist, newspaper and online. Stick with a used instead of new.

Lawnchitect
08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I broke down and bought new. Sarasota, FL is a competitive market for lawn and landscaping. After much research and consideration, I ordered a new black 7x16 Express. I got a great deal at $5K. He threw in some upgrades like shelving in the front at 3'-6" (bar height) with a front lip so things won't roll off. A vent cover so the rain wont leak in while the roof vent is open, a 4' tongue for a better turning radius, LED lights, 48" side door, heavy duty ramp door, torsion axles, trailer brakes (tandem axle) and side vents for cross ventilation. I need tp purchase the electric brake unit for my truck separately ($217) but that includes installation and wiring. These trailers are really sharp looking and with season coming up right around the corner - a shiny trailer turns heads. I splurged, but am gambling that it'll pick up business. Thank you for all of your suggestions.

Military Lawns
08-15-2009, 11:59 PM
I broke down and bought new. Sarasota, FL is a competitive market for lawn and landscaping. After much research and consideration, I ordered a new black 7x16 Express. I got a great deal at $5K. He threw in some upgrades like shelving in the front at 3'-6" (bar height) with a front lip so things won't roll off. A vent cover so the rain wont leak in while the roof vent is open, a 4' tongue for a better turning radius, LED lights, 48" side door, heavy duty ramp door, torsion axles, trailer brakes (tandem axle) and side vents for cross ventilation. I need tp purchase the electric brake unit for my truck separately ($217) but that includes installation and wiring. These trailers are really sharp looking and with season coming up right around the corner - a shiny trailer turns heads. I splurged, but am gambling that it'll pick up business. Thank you for all of your suggestions.

I have one and you will love it!

Isobel
08-16-2009, 02:24 AM
5K? nice job! =)