PDA

View Full Version : ???anyone try selling christmas trees for winter $$

jnmaricic
08-11-2009, 10:32 PM
starting to look in to selling christmas trees this season. anyone with any thoughts or info would be helpful.

got a spot in mind on a busy street, starting to look in to farms, etc

thanks

Ric3077
08-11-2009, 10:51 PM
I thought about doing this too...we currently sell firewood in the Winter, but could always use more work in the Winter. I think it can generate some nice $$ if done right

jnmaricic
08-11-2009, 11:07 PM
i think you can make good money also. im sure my costumer friend and family all would consider buying for me. just not sure how much all the racks lights that netting thing all that stuff would cost. basic start up cost?

tinman
08-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Good idea but i would be scared to buy a bunch of inventory and it not sell. Risky stuff in my opinion. good luck if you try tho.

THC
08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
I thought about doing this too...we currently sell firewood in the Winter, but could always use more work in the Winter. I think it can generate some nice $$ if done right

Ric, where do you get trees to chop up?

It has occurred to me to sell wood also, every time I see a handful of wood for $7 at 7-11.. but then I wonder where you get the trees, if you have to leave the tree for a year on the ground to dry etc.

My grandfather had a farm, when I was a kid I would go with him to chop up trees with a chain saw, he would split them by hand. But it was his own Forrest.

**Not with his Hands:laugh: He used an axe.

Ric3077
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
I have some subcontractors that live out in the country and they deal with "finding and splitting the wood" I then keep the split product on my land so it can season, then deliver and stack it for the customer in the Winter. Works well this way.