PDA

View Full Version : Fall advertisement

kylefiroe90
08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
Alrite so the mowing season will be coming to an end here before we know it so i figured id ask all you guys....What should i advertise for in the fall and maybe the winter. I basically know what i should advertise for like leaf removal etc. Just want to see what all everyone is offering now. THANKS!!

All_Toro_4ME
08-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Well, there's the tried and true methods, and then there's the jobs not many jump on, but you can make killer money doing them. Snow removal is an option, but you'll need a 9' BOSS blade to be productive, and those suckers are expensive. A lot of lawn and landscape guys around here go into hanging christmas lights for their lawn acct customers, since we don't get much snow, mostly ice here. Then when Christmas is over, they can charge a service call again to take them all down.

Mckenzie's Maintenance
08-12-2009, 11:09 AM
I too am interested in what nc sc guys do in the winter since there isnt much snow...if any

jsw2008
08-12-2009, 02:47 PM
I too am interested in what nc sc guys do in the winter since there isnt much snow...if any

Leaves, mulch, pinestraw, firewood.

kylefiroe90
08-12-2009, 09:23 PM
anything else guys??

mowerbrad
08-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Holiday lights seem to be becoming a popular service. I don't know much about the winters out in NC but I'm pretty sure you don't get nearly the snow we do in michigan, but if you get a lot of ice you could offer salting services, and that wouldn't require much of an initial investment except for a tailgate spreader and bags of salt/sand as needed.