PDA

View Full Version : trade show and publications

Gr1ffin
08-13-2009, 07:06 AM
We are already planning for 2010 and the winter trade shows (IA show in Dec, AOLP Jan) and it would be helpful to get some feedback to help us decide which shows and/or publications to participate in.

There are lots of ways to market to contractors, but specifically which publications do you flip through, which trade shows do you attend (if any). Also besides the major nat'l shows, do you attend any of the smaller regional ones?

Thanks for the input.

Sincerely,

Alan

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
12-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Alan.

I attend LightFair on an annual basis. I also attend Landscape Ontario's Congress trade show each year (LO is the 2nd largest green industry association in North America.) This year I will be attending the worlds 2nd largest Lighting Trade Show in Guangzhou, China.

As for publications; I get Contract Lighting, LD&A, LEDs Magazine, Home Lighting, HortTrades, and a host of other lighting trade publications that I end up on the mailing list of.

The AOLP was an interesting 'experiment' for me, but in the end personal and professional 'differences' between some members and board resulted in me choosing to no longer associate with the organization. I do highly value my membership at the IESNA and LO's Lighting Group.

Regards.

niteliters
12-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Alan, I receive and read "Landscape contractor" and "irrigation and green industry". I also receive "home lighting and accessories". Not sure if that one would be one you would want to advertise in but thought you might like to know about it, if you don't already. Glad to hear your coming to AOLP. San Antonio!! closer for both of us. I really hope your able to stay for the conference. If you want to learn what contractors think hang out with them afterwards and attend the round tables. I think you will find it most useful. I think you would find many of the classes interesting as well, you'll be able to hear whats on their minds, for eg..the "ask the professionals" session, that's awesome. Hope all is well for you.

David Gretzmier
01-06-2010, 02:22 AM
I go to the GIE expo around Halloween in Louisville, Kentucky nearly every year. There are maybe 4-6 landscape lighting booths there and probably 15000 lawn care and landscape guys that attend that show. I can remember FX, Nitetime Decor. I would say your booth/info there needs to be getting folks into lighting to sell to those guys. I know that HBL, the company I buy Christmas Light product from, has a booth there and usually gets 2-3 more companies buying product from them from that show.

Gr1ffin
01-06-2010, 08:39 AM
to all...thanks for the replies the information has been helpful.

To let you all know where we stand, we are doing well and growing, but doing so cautiously in this market. We have purposefully held a very low profile and not really done any industry marketing. Why? We have much biger plans than you see and do not want to market until we are there. What you see now is an intrim productline to hold us over until our true product lines are ready -- completely custom, innovative, unique designs that are UL Listed and address the many issues that contractors want in a pro line. It takes an incredibly long time to develop new products properly (it will be two years by the time we are ready to launch them).

Interestingly enough, many of the ideas and features for our new product line has been a compilation of the feedback and suggestions made by the professional contractors on this forum.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
01-06-2010, 08:42 AM
completely custom, innovative, unique designs that are UL Listed and address the many issues that contractors want in a pro line. .

Please make that ULc ok? :)